Sunday, June 17, 2007

So many projects...

I am not sure what happened here but I can't get rid of this big space below...
Eventually we will put pics up of the new house but we are still working on a lot of projects that we want to finish before we reveal anything. In the mean time here are pictures of what we have been doing the past few weeks.



This is a picture of us right after we closed on our house. It was my boss taking the picture which was kind of funny.



Todd's family came down from Cincinnati to help us move. They were so much help and we could not have done it without them! They have now helped us move in and out of our apartment in Provo, drove across the country with us to Louisville where they helped us move in and out of two different apartments and then the most recent move into our house. We can't thank you enough!



This is from the first night in the house. Thankfully we won't have to move for four more years.




Poor Fisher has had a little bit of a difficult time with the move. The chaos has been a little overwhelming for him and seems to have brought out the terrible two in him overnight....We're hoping he will pass through this but don't think it will be happening any time soon.



Fisher and Uncle Jedd on our first night in our mess.




Fisher & Dad hooking up the dryer with assistance from Grandpa Church.



Fisher practicing his dental skills on Dad with the help of Grandpa and a pair of pliers.



If you enlarge this picture you can see our new little friend on the grass in front of the trees. We love the cardinals that come into the yard. They are so pretty. Hopefully we will be able to get some closer shots soon.



Fisher looking sunburned but his red little face is from him playing in the boxes and taking lots of face plants.




The boys playing on the swing set.



While Mom & Dad Lund came out to visit us we started a bunch of daunting tasks which included re-finishing the table and chairs given to us by Mom & Dad Church (we were motivated to do it after seeing Gordon & Chrissy and Steve & Katrina's tables) and the armoir from Mom & Dad Lund. Between the stripping, sanding, priming, painting, staining and replacing the hardware it has been quite the task. We are almost finished with both.



This if Fisher giving me a look I would expect from Chula...He loves his car and rocking horse these days.


Look...I have no legs!





I gave you a shot of the table/chairs so here is one of the armoir. Mom & Dad Lund's stay with us came at a cost; we put them to work. Thanks for all of the help!


Grandma Lund having some play time with Fisher before his bed time.



This picture would describe Fisher these days. A little ball of energy- running, yelling, and drinking...yep. All we need to do is throw in some dirty diapers and that would be Fisher!


I'm ready to play outside!



Peek-a-boo! Fisher actually says "Boo!" now along with uh-oh (his new favorite), bye bye, toe, shoe, purple, cracker and a few others here and there.



The boys in blue.



One of the few times we have been showered and clean since we moved in. We will put more pictures up of the house once we have finished our projects.


12 comments:

Justin and Amy said...

Isn't moving fun? My face is still red from all the face plants I took playing in our boxes when we moved. I think Fisher and I would really get along. He seems to enjoy all the same things I enjoy...running, yelling, and drinking. He is so cute! If you ever want a good moving story, ask Amy about the bat we found when we moved our couches. Priceless.

Justin and Amy said...

I'm so excited for you Meag! Your house looks so great! I can't wait to see the finished "projects" you are working on! I love all the pictures too. Looks like the grandparents helped out a ton:)

Deanna said...

YAY! I have been dying to see pics of your new house! It is so fun to see your stuff in our (I mean, YOUR)house. It looks great! I did notice Todd got a new BBQ - Ron was so jealous! He said, "Why did I have to have the one that you found on a street corner?" :o) Good luck!! (Have Mark and Kaitlyn been over yet????) :o)

Robbie+Erin said...

Looks awesome, I am excited for your house, i would love a house but i dont want to move for at least another year!!! Well hopefully you will get everything done soon!!! love you all

Todd and Meagan said...

Deanna- I know you had originally mentioned you guys left the bbq but when we moved in it wasn't there. We figured that Ron either packed it and you didn't realize it or one of the neighbors knew you guys wouldn't be back and helped themselves. :) I will be sure to post pics when we have everything finished so that you can see your/our house. By the way- I think the girls in YW are so lucky to have you!

So Amy- what is this bat story Justin meantioned?

Todd and Meagan said...

mentioned. Sorry.

Debbie said...

Such cute pictures Meagan! Chels and Shawn just moved this week also. They painted the entire inside of their house before they moved in (with the help of lots of family of course). Isn't it great to have family to help. Moving is never fun. I think you are so ambitious to refurish your furniture while trying to move into a house. You are awesome !! Congrats again. You will love having a house of your own.

Allie and Spencer said...

Wow- what a cute house! I'm so impressed... you're unpacking, refinishing furniture AND blogging!
OK, now I have to go refinish my old desk. I have no more excuses.
Enjoy your home
Allie

Michele said...

It's about time!! You can see I have no patience! I have been checking your blog religiously for updated pictures. Looks like you guys are moving in quite nicely. I'm impressed you're doing projects. Doesn't sound too fun, but I'm sure you will appreciate the results!

Deanna said...

GET OUT OF TOWN! Are you serious - that BBQ wasn't there?! Man, that burns me up! I can give you ONE guess who it was, those dirty rats! :o) If you didn't already get a new one, I'd tell you to march right over and RECLAIM it! Man, and we don't even have ANY BBQ now... :o)

GordonandChrissy said...

Looks great, guys! I am at work, looking at this, and that last picture of your family on the couch is so cute...and that couch looks SO comfy! It makes me want to curl up on it ... right now. Only 4 and a half more hours to go. ha.

Greg and Sariah said...

So exciting and exhausting all at the same time. Can't wait to see more.