I have been wrestling with Fisher over the mouse while trying to finish this post. The end result is that I am too lazy to do a spell check since that would mean that many more minutes of trying to win the mouse from Fisher. Warning you in advance.
***
As you might have noticed, I've slacked in the blogging department lately. Most of that has been due to Fisher being sick for about a week and part of it is due to some really good books I have been reading. I decided I should probably give the granparents some new pictures of Fisher.
You will be so excited to know that I re-organized Fisher's closet. After the holidays he was in need of a major closet overhaul.
We have begun pre-potty training. Fisher was sick for a while and now I am not sure I am up for it just yet. I have a girls weekend coming up in a few weeks so I am thinking after I get back we might get serious about poo and pee. We'll see. In the mean time Fisher enjoys sitting on the potty and using all of the toilet paper while he pretends to wipe.
I did buy him one package of little undies. His little bottom was so stinkin' cute running around in his little stripes :) I couldn't resist having him try on a pair.
Fisher is determined to dress himself these days although he hasn't quite gotten the hang of the whole process yet. He normally ends up frustrated and throwing the nearest object into the wall or something to that effect...I need to work on my patience.
The good thing about starting potty training soon is that Fisher is well aware of what to do when he has an accident in his big boy undies...
Fisher is also into playing with bugs. Unfortunately for the bugs, they don't have quite as much fun as Fisher. This particular episode had me screaming like a little girl while Fisher ran after me holding the cricket. (Melissa- you might recall the phone conversation we had during this episode.) This was the end result of the play session.
Fisher spends a lot of time coloring. What he enjoys more than that is peeling the crayon wrappers. I am constantly picking up/vacuuming crayon wrappers.
In one of my birthday packages there was a present wrapped in this yellow bow that Fisher became obesssed with...until it magically disappeared into the garbage can one day. Ooops! He constantly wanted the bow tied around him in one way or another. This was style no. 1.
And this was style no. 2. Now do you understand why the bow had to disappear??
Due to the throwing of toys and other random objects into walls and the occasional aim at Mom and Dad, Fisher has spent a lot of time in the time out chair. (The picture above was in the same location.) Hopefully one day he will realize this is not a fun place to be and not the happy singing chair like he thinks it is. Although, by the looks of these pictures he must have some clue by now.
Fisher has been sick lately. This particular episode was something he ate instead of being sick. We think this must have been the case because after he made a mess all over Todd, Fisher was a like a new person and went merrily on his way with no other problems. I mostly put this one up to show the joys of parenting. We must loves our children a lot to still love them after this :)
Last week Fisher had a fever induced seizure while I was home alone with him. This picture was taken about an hour before. He was only running a slight fever at this point in time and insisted on cuddling with his blankets on the couch (which probably didn't help with the fever.) It isn't quite as hard now that we know everything is fine. I can look back without crying and feeling that horrible pit in my stomach. I am not one to bare my heart and soul on my blog and to get extrememly sentimental but I can honestly say that I have never in my life been as scared as I was during those 30-60 seconds while the seizure was occuring. I had no idea why it was happening or what the end results were going to be. This experience has made me so grateful that Fisher has overall been a very healthy little boy. It also made us grateful for our family and our friends. We have been so blessed with wonderful people in our lives and we are very mindful of this. He finally seems to be over his fever, bronchitis and the ear aches. The cough and runny nose are gone, he is sleeping through the night again...it is good to have our little Fisher back after a long week :)
13 comments:
That sounds so scary meagan! I hope you guys are all doing well. Those pictures are the cutest (except the barf and dead bug)- gotta love it when they don't think the time-out chair is a punishment... his expression on the chair is hilarious. Love Allie
Holy Scare!! I didn't know fevers could cause seizures! My brother use to have seizures when he was little (shunt related), my mom said I use to walk away from them embarressed.. eh.. guess I wasn't so scared huh..jk... I pray that Kennedi does not develop them when she gets older! I'm glad he is feeling better!
I laughed so hard at the bug picture! You know cats leave dead "presents" for their owners.. maybe it means the same!
P.S. I was too lazy to go back and log into my blog..
Tell Fisher not to worry, I will find one of Micaela's bows for him to wear. Come on Meg he looks adorable with a big bow:)
Meagan!!!! I checked here in hopes of seeing party pictures...I am so disappointed. Just joking, I am actually glad to see that Fisher is doing better! Poor kid :( and poor parents too! I am thinking of staying up til midnight...but I got to drive 8 hours tomorrow!
Poor bugs! And personally, I love the bow :) BTW our roof stood up to the storm like a champ! Brad's, thankfully, a great roofer!
Wow, I'm so sorry you had to experinces such a scray thing. What a couple of weeks you have had. As a mother like all mothers we feel your pain. Not fun when kids are really sick. Hang in there and take it easy getting back to normal. Thanks for the fun pictures. We love to see what little Fisher is up to.
We love you guys! Glad to have you back in the blogging world. We've missed you.
Is it really naughty of me to laugh out loud when I saw the bug picture and the one of Todd's vomit-covered scrubs? The vomit thing is like a parenting rite - you can't claim to be a parent without one experience of vomit-filled clothing.
Hey Meagan and Tood-
My good friend Susanna Steuer just sent me the link to your blog. Good to know that you are doing well and funny that you know each other. How much longer do you have in Kentucky?
Sandra Jergensen
Hi Sandra- It is such a small world within the LDS community :) It took Susanna ans I little bit to figure out where we knew eachother from but we made the connection soon enough :) Todd is only in his first year of dental school so we have another three years in Louisville. He already had his MS in another field but we decided to change course after Fisher was born. How are you guys?
I'm glad Fisher is feeling better! It's no fun to have sick kids.
You are such a trooper surviving thru that Meag. What an incredible mom you are. I lvoe the pics of Fisher. The yellow bow is hilarious. He looks like the perfect little present:) And nice work on the closet. It is very organized:)
So many pictures and so much to say. Fisher is one funny photogenic kid. I love all the pictures...except for the barf one. Yuck...is that Todd's barf too...yuck! Poor Fisher and his seizure. I heard about the ambulance and all. That is such a sad and SCARY thing to experience. I really hope that NEVER happens again!!! Well...keep us posted on Fisher and his new doings. You blog just like I do...every 2-3 weeks. It's suspenseful!!!
Post a Comment