Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I can't believe it's almost September!

In case you haven't noticed I have become a horrible blogger over the past few months. It wouldn't be so bad if I kept track of Fisher's phases in my journal but that, unfortunately, is suffering as well. So here are a few things that our terrible two is up to these days.
* * *
Big boy bed shopping, here we come! After months of balancing precariously on the rail, Fisher finally made the plunge a few weeks ago and climbed out of his crib. At first I was really bummed thinking that he was going to be climbing out of bed really early in the morning (and we all know how much I love mornings) but he still yells out for me when he wakes up and waits for the okay to climb out. Instead of me pulling him out he will tell me "I wanna do by self." This goes for everything we do throughout the day. He is very independent and wants zero help. If he needs it he will say "Help you?" He doesn't understand the concept of "me".

He loves playing with balls. Recently we've had to ban them inside the house due to the fact that he is throwing with a lot more power but absolutely no aim. He likes to throw side arm and with no rhyme or reason to the direction. Todd has a lot of work cut out for him :)


Along with being independent, Fisher is also very defiant. He will ask me to look at him and will then proceed to color on the floor, throw a ball, tear something up that he's not supposed to...the list goes on. I think things got a little out of hand for the couple months when my back was at its worst and I was physically unable to make him sit in time out or pick up anything. He realized this and took full advantage of the situation. Now, although my back has improved a lot, I still have troubles getting to him when he hides under his crib, under the table, behind little nooks and crannies...not to mention the kid is dang fast. Thank goodness we have a tiny little house. (Fisher wiping crayon off the floor.)


Fisher loves his stuffed animals. Not only does he sleep with a lot of them but lately he has been very concerned that they are hungry and likes to feed them. He also gives them time outs. The other day Todd brought it to my attention that there had been a murder in our house hold...Poor Oscar the Grouch suffered in the murky water of the soaking crock pot without us being aware.

Todd occasionally likes to add a little sugar to his cereal. One morning he must have been in a hurry and spilled some on the counter. Before I had a chance to wipe it up, Fisher had brought a chair over and started licking the counter. What a way to start the day.


A little while back Fisher's friend had a birthday party at Chuck E Cheese. Todd and I had actually never taken him there because when we think of that place we envision germs, used needles in the balls, lots of bratty little kids...you get the picture. Surprisingly it wasn't that bad. It wasn't outwardly dirty so we could try to ignore the germ thing. There was NO ball pit (phew!), and as for the bratty kids...Fisher isn't exactly an angel and might be considered under that category by onlookers. Kidding...sort of. He had such a fun time. It was hard to say who had more fun- Fisher or Todd.


Give him a ring pop and steering wheel video game and he is set.


Some jumping game with lots of lights. Another perfect combo for the kid. The only thing to make this Heaven for him would be if they had a giant computer with I-tunes. Now that would make Fisher's idea of pure bliss complete.


He has started to kick naps a little. A few days a week he will go without one. This was another milestone I was not looking forward to but it hasn't been so bad. I still give him quiet time in his crib with a few books. On this occasion Fisher wasn't supposed to be napping. He was playing in his room and just decided to put all of his books into the crib. It must have looked enticing because he hopped in right after them.


Fisher loves his swing and slide. Thanks Ron & Deanna! For a while we debated getting rid of the swing set because we have a lot of rude little kids in our neighborhood who kept playing on it without asking or sometimes they would ask and we would say no only to look out back and see them playing on it anyway. Most of them have moved away now, thank goodness.


This picture has nothing to do with anything other than it is his "posed" camera smile. Kind of funny.


Other likes that Fisher has these days are lotion, gum, chap stick, the show Super Why, drums and suckers to name a few. He still has his staple love of computers, cell phones, i-pods, i-tunes and music in general.

Todd recently had his 29th birthday. Thanks to his family for spending it with us! I just wanted to tell him how much I love him. Thanks for making me laugh and for working as hard as you do for our little family. Fisher and myself are so lucky to have you in our lives.
* * *
Also, I used to do big birthday posts but stopped doing them for privacy purposes since I don't have a private blog. So for all of my family and good friends whose birthdays have passed by without any mention, that is why. (Not to mention that I don't spend much time blogging these days.)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea, Meagan!!!!!!!! She is at it again! Loved the pictures and the subjects! Happy Birthday, Todd!
Love-Mom C

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Old Man. I am laughing hysterically over the dead Grouch in the crock pot. Never a dull moment with Fisher. :)

GordonandChrissy said...

He is such a cute kid. That cheesey smile in the car is awesome. How can you put a kid like that in time out? Of course I'm kidding, I'm sure the cuteness disappears after you find crayon all over your floor! He is into everything!

I especially liked your post about Chuck E. Cheese and how you weren't sure if Fisher or Todd had more fun. We walked through the baby section of Toys R Us the other day to look at strollers and after we finished there, we just strolled through the rest of the store. Gordon is so excited to start getting "big kid" toys so he can play with them. ha.

Leslie said...

so long oscar! how do they reak so much havoc in so short a time frame?

i did read BD the next day...and then again on thurs.

Michele said...

Happy birthday to Todd! Thanks for updating us on Fisher. He's getting so big! I really like his plaid shorts by the way.

Stephens said...

Oh my gosh, Fisher is hilarious- Tommy pulls a lot of the same crap as him! I added the countdown to my blog, however, I can't seem to fix my background right, so it is cut off, I can still see the days though!

Anonymous said...

I really look forward to your posts! The picture of Fisher on "some jumping game" I saw you in his face, and that head shot with his green sweater vest.. HOW HANDSOME!

Did you get my last comment on your previous post? Do you remember her!?

Allie and Spencer said...

I love your pictures... I can kind of see what you're busy doing all day! It's nice to hear of another kid who loves super why- that's what the girls watch each morning.

Amy and Cameron said...

Todd rules!! Happy birthday Todd.

Melissa said...

OK... I keep checking to see if there is a picture of t.v. on here... I'm wondering when you will break. Hold on!!! Don't give in-- For all of us other wives' sakes!

Leslie said...

Oh, I saw that Hot Topic, the store, is selling Twilight movie shirts. They have Team Edward and Team Jacob shirts as well.