Thursday, February 26, 2009

Fisher Magoo

Fisher still is a fan of his blankie or "Deega" as it is known around our house. His are starting to tear and shred along the edges- pretty soon they will catch up with his Mommy's.

Lately he has been waking up a lot earlier, resisting going to bed on time and for one week was climbing into our bed in the middle of night seeing how long he could get away with sleeping in our bed. Unfortunately for him, the kid is the most restless sleeper and so his excursions don't last all that long. This all leads to him being tired during the day but heaven forbid him consider taking a nap.


The weather is fluctuating like crazy. Thankfully there have been a few warm days scattered in between the freezing cold so we can get out a little every now and then. We are going stir crazy!


Are we ready for another one of these???


Fisher has had a lot of queries regarding the baby and my body. I finally told him that my chest was for feeding the baby and his was response was "So the baby swims up there to eat? Does it eat little food (since it is a baby)?"


One day Fisher told me it was time to take the baby out. I told him all he needs to do is look at the condition of the spare bedroom and he will know that it is not time.


Fisher and I took a last minute trip to Cinci (Mom & Dad Church- I promise I will put pictures up one of these days) and we stopped by the Gap outlet. Grandma Church bought Fisher these cute little shoes. Thank you!


We are still working on the whole potty training thing. I put it of forever- one excuse after another- until all excuses were gone and I was tired of changing diapers. I think babies/kids should come potty trained...that is my feeling on the matter. I just want to know if anyone has tips on how to get your kid to go poo on the toilet? We have no problem with #1 but he has yet to do a real #2. I have tried every encouragement, bribe, story time on the potty, getting frustrated & doing the time out thing and all to no avail. I can't wait to go through this all again in a few years.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love him!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I JUST LOVE HIM!!!!!!!!!!
GRANDMA C

Jami said...

Gosh He's getting so big. I got to your blog through April Morgan's Blog.

Haven't seen you guys in forever!

Jimmy was rough with the toilet training too, he'd pee but he wouldn't poop. We had a reward system but he didn't seem to care much about it. I decorated some pretty numbers 1, 2, 3 out of construction paper. Each time he pooped in the toilet he got to put one on the wall. Each time he pooped in his pants he had to take one down. (that was rough) When he had all three numbers on the wall he got to go to the toy store.

But I think the most important thing we did was switch our choice of words. "We don't poop in our pants!!!" didn't work too well for us.

So I switched to "We poop in the potty." I said this, alot! One day it just clicked, and he never pooped in his pants again!

Michele said...

Fisher is getting so big! What a cutie:)