Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Birth Story: One month and two days later

Just kidding.  I have been trying to finish this but it will have to wait.  I decided to put the pictures up even if I haven't finished the birth story. Who wants to hear about me pushing trying to hold a baby in until the Dr(s) can make it anyway?
Tucker Stockton
Born: March 10, 2011
Weight: 7 pounds 15 ounces
Length: 20.5 inches
(It is crazy how much he has changed in one month!  It is funny to be posting these pictures when he now looks so different.)

On my due date, Wednesday March 9th, I went in for my 40 wk check up and found out that I had FINALLY made some progress on the dialation front and was between a 3-4.  I don't progress AT ALL  prior to labor so my Dr. was confident that it was going to happen very soon, as in- could happen at any time that day.  She said we were welcome to go to the hospital at any time and she would get me admitted, would break my water and that it should be a really fast and easy process...it did not happen exactly like that.  I was fine with the idea of being induced since I was at the 40 wk mark and frankly, hitting the 10 MONTHS PREGNANT mark can put a pregnant lady in a very dark place. :)  Not to mention the fact that both Fisher and Cooper had slight complications with being overdue so we did not want to go much longer anyway.

 We left the Doctor around 10:00am and then went back home to get stuff ready.  I picked up Fisher and then we spent a little bit of time with the boys and my mom before we left.  Todd and I went on a little date and went out to eat at Penn Station (our days being able to eat our favorite philly cheesesteak sandwiches are dwindling down) and then we stopped by our favorite Graters Ice Cream and gorged ourselves even more on some ice cream sundaes.  I was very thankful we ate so much when I still had not eaten anything at 3:00am that night.
We made it to the hospital where I leisurely strolled in around 2pm.  I was checked in right away where they checked me and said I was closer to a 3, 0% effaced and at a -2 station. They were going to get everything ready to start me on the pitocin and then break my water.

 About 30 minutes before they started me on the pit. I had my first legitimate contraction, just like it felt with Cooper so






















1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Wow! You know how to leave a girl hanging! The pictures are adorable and all, but I really do want to hear the entire birth story. Congratulations to you guys and I hope you're surviving being a mommy to three adorable little boys!