Wednesday, March 26, 2014

St. Patrick's Day and Household Wrestling

 St. Patrick's Day started off a little rough when Fisher and Cooper came running into our room that morning screaming "I wonder if we caught a leprechaun!"  Oh no.  We had completely forgotten that it was March 17.  Thankfully, it had been cold and Fisher left his trap outside so I told him it had been too cold for the leprechauns and we would celebrate later that night.

Cooper helped me set the table for a leprechaun dinner.  He had so much fun sprinkling the green confetti and setting the table. The boys had lucky charms, rainbow fruit & veggie platter, sprite with rainbow sherbet, and dessert was Andes Mints (Green wrappers), Fruit Mike & Ike's (Rainbow) and Twix (in gold wrappers.)  The boys loved it.

For FHE we played a game of Life.  Todd had never played it before.  I used to love playing it when I was a kid so when I heard the news, I bought the game and this was our maiden voyage.  Fisher has been into board games lately.  His favorite is Monopoly.  

 My little Tuckerman is looking so old these days.  (He still has a very large head with little legs. :)

 Last week there was one night that was so funny.  Our whole family could not stop laughing at Cooper making flatulent noises while doing a fish face.  Pictures don't do it justice, but it was so bizarre and funny and impossible for the rest of us.  This lead to a big competition of farting noises.  I was supposed to be getting ready for book club but was enjoying time with the family (even if it was bonding over rude noises, but such is the life with all boys.)  I went to book club with wet hair but left feeling very warm and fuzzy from a good night with the fam.

 An almost nightly ritual in our household is wrestlemania.  This is especially true when it is cold outside so we are indoors instead of out.  The boys can't wait for daddy to come home from work so they can start attacking him.

 This picture is sideways but the chaos is just as crazy from this point of view.

I stay out of the wrestling and let Todd have good bonding time with the boys.  Daddy always wins. :)

All of our friends are starting to get their assignments now.  It is so funny how everyone becomes friends and then you all go your separate ways.  It is fun to have friends all over the world but I do hope to cross paths again.  We will have friends/neighbors in Japan, Germany, Italy, Belgium, Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, Virginia, Alaska, Nebraska, Montana, Alabama, North Carolina, Arizona, Ohio, New Jersey, California, Nevada, Utah and other places.  Then you throw in our dental school friends who have settled all over the country and  it almost seems as though we could know someone in every state.  :)

1 comment:

GordonandChrissy said...

wrestling is just innate in boys, isn't it? Our house looks exactly the same every night. They just have to attack dad and get a few rounds in.

I'm the same - I sit back and watch, and laugh. Love it!