Saturday, May 05, 2007

Some do Derby...We Declutter.

As most of you are aware it is Kentucky Derby week. For us this means staying inside and avoiding all the traffic and crowds. Yesterday I didn't have to work since it was a holiday, known in these parts as Oaks Day, so Todd and I decided to work on decluttering our place before the move. It is crazy because this is going to be our last weekend in this apartment. (You may have heard a huge sigh of relief coming from our end.) We will be out of town the next two weekends and the one after that will be moving weekend!


While we were cleaning Fisher played with his new favorite toy. He received it for his birthday from Ken & Alicia (I think?) and has recently decided he loves it.


Notice the boxes in the background. They are taking over our apartment. One of these days we might start packing.

Fisher coloring....


...and then deciding that eating the crayon is much more fun than coloring.....



...only to discover that maybe coloring is more fun than eating wax.


Showing Daddy some love.


Lately it is everything we can do to keep Fisher from climbing on to everything. He loves trying to climb to the top of the couch and just last night Todd was making dinner while I had run an errand (yes, I know. He is wonderful) and he went out to check on Fisher only to find him STANDING on the coffee table. The kid can't even figure out how to step off a big book without falling down let alone our coffee table. That was a little bit of a scare.



Where's Fisher!?!?! (This is our peek-a-boo game.)



THERE HE IS!


Peek-a-Boo when we kick it up a notch.



Fisher was helping us go through our storage bins. He hindered the process more than helping but that is to be expected with a 16 month old. He loved playing with my sarongs.


After a long day of playing he decided to take a nap. Just kidding. This was from today. We helped our friends, the Nalls, move this morning. It is sad to see everyone go and weird to think that not too long ago we thought we would be leaving for Cleveland. Anyway, Todd went over early to help move, I brought Fisher later and then Todd took Fisher home while I stayed to help clean. When I came home the boys were taking a little snooze together. I couldn't resist taking a picture.

7 comments:

Chelsea said...

We should probably be doing some decluttering of our own, it's just so hard to get motivated. Looks like we'll be moving into our house just a few week behind you guys moving into yours. So exciting, huh? Such cute pictures too! I love the one of him eating the crayon :) And of course the one of him and Todd sleeping on the couch. All I can think is that Cora would NEVER do that...not in a million years. She only sleeps in her bed.

Robbie+Erin said...

me and fisher are alot alike, i just decided a couple of days ago crayons are not that great tasting...hehe....well i am excited to see you all in a few weeks!!!

Anonymous said...

Fisher is so cute! He looks like such a good helper. Hope all is well. Good luck with moving.
Jenni K.

Ken, Alicia, Abby, and Ethan Lund said...

I am so glad he likes the toy that we got him. He's grown into a little boy...not a baby anymore. Super cute!

Greg and Sariah said...

Meagan, we are lucky girls. All I heard last week was...wow, Greg is always holding Camden and watching him. I was like...oh, I guess not all husbands do that. I'm glad yours is one to let you run errands alone too. We got lucky. Camden is now sleeping on us too. It's precious, I would frame that one of him sleeping on his dad. Hopefully the boys can play together soon.

Todd and Meagan said...

Chelsea- Fisher just recently started sleeping on todd's chest...I'm hoping maybe this will be a good thing for the plane?

Robbie- so glad that you stopped eating crayons. Can't wait to see you!

Jenn- you need to start a blog! Glad that you can keep track of us a little more now :)

Alicia/Ken- Ever since we cut his hair he definitely seems like a little boy now. That is why I can't wait to see Abby so I can hold a BABY! One week!

Sariah- we will definitely need to get together this time for more than 5 minutes! I'm planning on it. Also- my mom said you had an extra car seat. We would love to borrow it if that is still possible.

Did I miss anyone?

Anonymous said...

Whenever I am at work, I put the blog on my computer and a smile comes right to my face! I love this cute family and my heart is so proud of all that you both have accomplished. Fisher Magoo, you are soooo cute! Grandma and Grandpa Church love you! Love you all! Grandma Church