Fisher loves to sit on boxes...
And to climb on boxes...(while wearing headbands...more on that later.)
And to climb on couches...
And to climb on beds....He pretty much loves climbing onto anything he possibly can. The problem he encounters is that he is still working on the whole getting back down to the ground thing in a safe manner. He hasn't quite learned that dive bombing off the side of the couch, while fast & efficient, might not be the way to go.
He copies everything we do. This picture was taken while Todd was putting the doors back on the armour. Fisher took the screwdriver, found the screws and imitated Todd perfectly. Lately, during bath time, he will take an empty bottle of baby wash and will pretend to pour some on his skin and will then proceed to rub it on his body. It is pretty funny and has made us more aware of our actions. (Such as biting our nails...he imitated that for the first time about a week ago...between me & Todd the kid doesn't stand a chance of having a full set of nails!)
Fisher likes to put on clothes that happen to be lying around...
And is becoming really handy with silverware. He really likes using the big boy utensils instead of his baby ones. And as much as I hate to admit it, Fisher loves headbands...yes, it is true. I tend to wear one when I am painting or washing my face and need my hair out of the way. With all of the house projects we have been working on I have been using one more often than normal and I seemed to have awakened some headband loving tendency inside our child...
Occasionally he will sit down and read a book. (Pictured with Grandma Church while she & Jedd came down for a quick visit on Thursday and Friday this past week.)
And have we mentioned that the kid loves computers??? While other parents can sit their kids down to watch the Backyardigans or Cars or Sesame Street or Veggie Tales Silly Songs when they need 15 minutes to get something done (they don't keep Fisher's attention for longer than 5 seconds)...we plop our kid in the computer seat in front of a blank Word document with Windings on font size 48...then we just pray that he doesn't crash our computer since he is very handy & accurate with the mouse. I swear, if another kid were to see a little mouse squeak by and then pointed it out to Fisher, Fisher would scoff and say "that is not a mouse...where is the scroll button and the left & right click button...and where is the red light underneath...most importantly where is the monitor that is hooked up to the mouse???" For those of you who have seen the Family Guy we sometimes feel like we have a little Stewie on our hands :)
When the computer is locked up he will sit in front of the windows on his box and play with his keyboard & mouse.
Along with wearing Dad's clothes he also has finally discovered BIG shoes. It took him a while but now he is constantly wanting to put on our shoes.



11 comments:
Maddy also loved playing in the computer. My mother in law bought her a great game for her second b-day. You should look for it because it does keep them from crashing the computer and it is a learning program. It jumpstart toddlers by knowledge adventure. WE have the oldschool version but I bet they still have them. All my girls loved to sit and play it. Lily calls it the ducky game because it has a duck that narrates it and helps through out the different games.
I can't belive how he has changed since I last saw him. He is so cute. Your house looks good. Have fun putting it together.
Thanks for the idea Andrea. I will have to check it out.
So many cute pictures of Fisher! However, my favorites are the one with the headbands and the one wearing Todd's shoes. Something so cute about wearing adult accessories...You take really good pictures of him Meag. I bet you get lots of practice:)
I love the sweatsop pics, you slave drivers, you! :o)
I remember a little girl who loved to climb on things too.....She was like a little monkey. By three the house couldn't contain her and off to gymnastics we went!
The Stewie analogy would explain all his jibberish. Now I know what he is really saying . . . .
What a cute little guy. Your narratives are hilarious. Abby is also helping us learn new things about our computer. I learned a feature on iTunes yesterday because of Abby.
its time to put a football in his hand!!! and a pair of skies!!!
He is growing up so fast!
People in the Louisville suburbs must be happy that Louisville's silly zoning scheme has been smacked down by our enlightened U.S. Supreme Court. No more making Timmy drive 10 miles to go to another school to achieve racial balance when his local school is only a block away. Justice Roberts is a judicial rock star.
I had a huge comment...and then something happened...bummer. Anyway, cute pictures. I wish we lived closer so they could play and do these things together. I have pictures of Camden doing exactly what fisher was doing...except the sweatshop...I 'll get working on that one.
hey guys love the pictures! Haven't got my bog up and running yet. congrats on the house!
Fisher has gotten so cute and so big! And your house looks really great. We're glad Todd's found Dental school. Good luck with everything!
Taylor and Stephanie
PS...Warren has that "Chomp" shirt, too. Good taste our boys have.
Post a Comment