Sunday, January 25, 2009

Good times

I've been a bad, bad boy....

So not only has Fisher been waking up numerous times throughout the night (and crawling into our bed) and then waking up at 6:30 instead of 8:00 but he also has figured out how to pull a chair around the house to reach whatever high place he is not supposed to reach. One morning I came out to discover that he had found my permanent markers (which were in a place that should not have been accessible to him) and decided to decorate the floor and his face. His face took a long time to wipe off but it finally came off. I was too angry at the time to think about taking any pictures. This picture came from a few hours later after I had tackled the floor with rubbing alcohol for the first time. It didn't help very much. The second time around I drowned the marker and now it only looks like a faint bruise on the floor, thank goodness.

Due to the recent lack of sleep we're dealing with Fisher being tired all day but he absolutely refuses to take a nap. I am used to the no nap thing but I don't like early mornings and a tired little boy as the day progresses. Later I put him into his room for some quiet time. Things became a little too quiet and when I went to peek in on him it was only to discover that he had torn his room apart. Every thing was off his shelves- even the high shelves that he shouldn't be able to reach. We still have no clue how he is getting to some of these places, but he is. He got a hold of his lotions, etc. and this was only a small part of the mess that I found when I opened the door.


It is hard to stay too mad at him though because then he will say something that makes me like him again :) That same day he started having major meltdowns and I kept telling him he needed to stop crying and screaming or else he was going to have to take a nap whether he wanted to or not. Eventually he did calm down but was still so tired so I told him to go get ready to lay down. His response?
Fisher: "But Mommy, look at my eyes!"
Mommy: "What about them?"
Fisher: "They're not crying anymore!"

Fisher is in desperate need of a haircut. I have let it grown out longer than normal and this is the result. Nothing tames the hair. Even if I completely wet it down and put mousse in it, the hair will still find a way to stick out every which way. So yes- he does go to church looking like a little chia pet with bad cowlicks. Another big event is that Fisher is now a Sunbeam at church- or "Sun beemp" as he likes to call it. So far he loves it although I am not quite sure if the teachers feel the same way :)

I had my birthday last week and Fisher and his friend Savanna decided to take care of the opening of birthday packages for me. Thanks to everyone for the cards, calls and gifts. It was a nice relaxing 27th birthday.


Todd and Fisher have spent a lot of time playing with this little car ramp. Todd had one when he was a kid and had such fond memories he couldn't resist buying one for Fisher. Our floor is perfect for racing cars. They fly off the track.


Even though Fisher has been difficult with the sleeping lately he is much improved from how horrible he was for about six months. He talks like crazy and I love hearing his little insights on life.


No wonder he is having troubles sleeping. That can't be comfortable.


Modeling Mom's slippers.


More play time with Daddy.

And last but not least we had two little cardinals that visited our back yard one afternoon. If you enlarge the picture you can see one in the bottom right hand corner and the other is in the upper left. They looked so pretty with their vibrant red against the ugly winter background.
***
One last note is that we have the ultrasound appointment on Thursday! Whoo hoo! I am going into my 20th week. It is hard to believe we're at the half way point already.

8 comments:

Jamie said...

it's been a while since i checked your blog! how cute is fisher!! he's getting SO big!

and are you kidding me! I LOVE that you have a count down to new moon!!!!!! I'm so excited to see that it IS coming and to know when! you must be die-hard! you're awesome! ps....has anyone ever checked to see if Forks is a real place?? It would be a totally fun place for a girls trip.....die hards only! :)

Jamie said...

Oh dear!!! I was so excited about New Moon, I didn't even notice the baby count down!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

GordonandChrissy said...

I can't believe you're half way either! That's so fast! We're excited to hear the results. Or ... I guess I should ask if you're finding out the sex?

Fisher is adorable and looking oh so cute. We were cracking up at his Sunday picture with the wild hair. That's a great photo. :)

Justin and Amy said...

Oh the joys of a toddler right? I just can't wait for all that fun. It's good he is getting it out of his system before the new baby comes, right?

Kara said...

Thanks for the comment on my site! You're little guy is pretty cute too! Congrats on the new one! I hope your ultrasound goes(went?) well!

Ashley Willoughby said...

Oh he is a boy that is for sure!!

But your right, how could you stay mad at him when her looks that handsome in his church clothes?!

Can't wait to hear how the ultrasound goes! God bless..

Ken, Alicia, Abby, and Ethan Lund said...

Love it all! Glad to know when the US is. I've been wondering and thinking of you. I got your message. I'm sure it will be tomorrow.
Alicia

Robbie+Erin said...

I love Fisher's face in the marker-on-the-floor picture, so cute! And the ice storm pictures are really cool, great artistic eye :)