(2nd post today)
I haven't taken any pictures lately since I had to send my camera out to be looked at. I did not know what was wrong with it and we did not want to mess around too much so that it affected our warranty. I will be so happy when it is back. This weekend I was able to borrow Mom Church's to take a few pictures .
My mom arranged a shower by mail for us. It was a fun surprise considering I never planned on having one since I am having another boy. Thank you to everyone who participated- we appreciate everything! The one thing that stunk is that I did not have my camera and Todd's mom's camera ran out of batteries right as we started to open everything.
Fisher opened almost all of the presents (until he opened the package from Jean & Jane with the packing popcorn...after that nothing compared :) He had been dying to open them as they came in the mail and I kept telling him he would have to wait until Saturday. I might as well have been crushing all of his hopes and dreams for how upset he was.
As I mentioned before, there was not an abundance of pictures. We received some great summer clothes, fresh sleepers, pacifiers, blankets, bibs, burp cloths, wash cloths, towels, a crib sheet, ties, dress clothes, diaper holders and I am sure I have left some stuff out. Thank you so much again to everyone! Opening the packages made reality set in a little more. We really are having another baby!
The spoils of a "shower-by-mail."
And this is what the house looked like after Fisher finished opening everything.
Mom Church came down this weekend to visit/help out with Fisher. He has been in heaven. (And Mom- Fisher insisted on wearing his Fourth of July shirt the second he opened the package. He wore it the rest of the day and as we went out and about I felt like I had a little redneck for a son :)
Thanks to Mom Church for helping out. Todd has been really busy studying for his Board exams and so it has made for really long days with Fisher. The two of us have been having a good time- especially since I have consciously been trying to enjoy this time with him before the baby comes. Despite enjoying my time with him, the extra attention from Grandma towards Fisher has been nice. :) We had a little bit of a rough week as Fisher had a break out of canker sores in his mouth. I think it was something to do with exhaustion and his little body just breaking down. He did more napping this week than this whole past year combined. And when he wasn't napping he was crying and in pain, unable to eat anything. So sad :( Thankfully his mouth is finally feeling better and our normal little wild child is back.*
Some of Fisher's quotes/incidents of the week I want to remember:
-Todd had given Fisher a blessing for the canker sores. Later on Todd and I knelt by Fisher's bed to say prayers with him while Fisher was in his bed. As Todd was praying, Fisher laid his hands on Todd's head for the entire prayer.
*
-During sacrament today Todd had his head down while he was praying and Fisher, very loudly, said "Dad! Wake up!"
*
-Tonight while we were reading scriptures Fisher jumped out of his bed and went to Grandma Church and said "I just have to tell Grandma a secret." Since his whispering abilities still leave something to be desired Todd and I proceeded to hear him "whisper" the following secret. "Did you know Jesus got baptized and swam away?" She then asked, "How old are we when we get baptized?," to which he responded "You get baptized and then you get "ate."
At least we know he has been listening, even if he has the context wrong. :)

3 comments:
Fun! I got your message. Glad you liked it. I am blogging today and sending thank you's. Thank you for your gift too!!! It is so fun to get boy stuff. I love it!
I'm not gonna lie Meagan...you look like the turkey has cooked long enough. Time to have the kiddo. hehehehe
What a fun idea for a shower. Shoot...that's way cool. And I love "juniors" room. Soooo cute. Love the patterns and colors. Did you make all of that? bedskirt, quilt, curtains?
I have something I am making for you...did you get that, making not buying...therefore it will arrive later. If I'm being honest it will probably come after the little guy is born, but hopefully before the end of June...or July:)
Post a Comment