First off, I just wanted to say thank you to all my girls who threw a surprise shower for me here in Louisville. I was not expecting a shower this pregnancy since we are having another boy but, once again, when have been so blessed by friends and family.
I thought I was on my way to a meeting which explained why I was so dressed up for the occasion. Ha Ha. (If anyone reading this has any pics, will you please email me one?) My mom & Todd were both in on the surprise. The only thing that stunk was that I had eaten a ton at dinner and then at the shower there was a buffet of all my cravings. It was heaven, but it would have been more so if I had a little more room in the belly. Of course, I can't blame Todd & my mom for not telling me not to eat so much...any one with half a brain should know better than to tell a 39 wk pregnant woman not to eat so much :) The night was a fun one and I just wanted to say thank you so much to everyone who came!

The phone
calls are starting to roll in so I thought I should probably update the blog to say that my babies do not like to come out early. The official due date is on Thursday and I still have yet to make any progress as of last week. The doc stripped my membranes on Friday and besides a few hours of very mild cramping,
nada. Hopefully something will have happened by my next appointment on Thursday but I am not getting my hopes up. Heidi, that little blue bottle is looking awfully tempting now that I am 39
wks and almost 7 days pregnant.

On a happier note Fisher has started to put on his own underwear. :)
Still no poo on the potty (even my mom has been unable to crack the kid) but he is doing great aside from that.

Todd took his 2
nd year Board Exam on June 13
th. What a happy day it was to have that over with! I love having my husband back and Fisher has loved it as well. We will not find out the results as to whether or not he passed for a couple of weeks but at least it is over and done with.

Todd now has time to pull out his guitar, which he has not been able to do since he has been studying so much. Fisher loves when his daddy plays music for him.

We have been trying to enjoy this time with Fisher before the baby comes. I know we will still have time for him, but Fisher has been our everything for the last 3 1/2 years. His little world is going to be turned upside down.

My mom and I have been very productive in preparing for the baby and cleaning the house. Slowly my lists are dwindling down which means it is time for the little guy to come or else we will all be sitting around twiddling our thumbs staring at each other.

Aside from helping me, she has been keeping Fisher entertained. Between Grandma Church & Grandma
Lund visiting Fisher is going to be shocked when everyone goes home and it is back to just us...and a new baby.

Dad- thanks for lending Mom. She misses you a lot!

Despite all the rain today Fisher spent a lot of time outside, which he needed. Todd put a bunch of stuff into the attic, we cleaned the garage, the boys rode their bikes together and later he picked weeds and caught worms with Grandma.

Chelsea, this is another thing you have to look forward to with a boy: Buckets full of dirt & worms :) Fisher carried around two little worms in his bucket all afternoon who now are living on my deck.
2 comments:
You poor thing. I was hoping you would have posted the "he's here" post. But I'll keep looking. You know...June 18th is a very good day to have a baby...just ask my mom.
I'm pretty sure her FAVORITE child was born that day!!!
Okay, well I'll keep checking back, hang in there!
I keep hoping for you too! I know the agony of waiting is unbearable...especially so close to your due date! Get a lot of sleep, this baby will be here before you know it!
Post a Comment