
We had a major
breakthrough today. Cooper took about TEN bites of carrots from a baby food jar. This is about as close to a miracle around our house as you can get. Up to this point the little banana and sweet potato baby puff things have been all that we could get him to eat.

Let's see. Cooper is still happy but also still somewhat of a monster baby. No teeth yet, but we are fully aware of their evil little presence.

The little guy is everywhere. He can easily
maneuver from sitting to army crawl to propping himself up on all fours and back to sitting no problem- and not in that particular order.

Although he still tends to army crawl everywhere he has spent a lot of time hanging out on all fours. Sometimes he'll even get onto his feet so that he is in more of a bear crawl position.

I had to bust out the
pack' n play for a few reasons:
1- Cooper really enjoys getting into EVERYTHING.
2- Cooper is not the only busy one in this household (Ahem...
Fisher) and so I cannot keep my eyes on him at all times like I would prefer.
3- I have not kept my floors as spotless as I would like (see post below about me going crazy.)
4- Cooper likes to put everything I have on my floors into his mouth which I don't always see since I am also watching his brother.
=Pack n' play is just about my most favorite thing right now.

There is still a lot of
droolage going on.

Part of that might be the tongue wagging we constantly see and some of it might be those evil little teeth that are turning our sweet baby into a sleepless, screeching little monster at times.

Another drool picture.

And a close up of of his spittle since it looks like a little diamond that I thought was cool. (How mom am I when I start getting excited over a picture of spit??)

Everything goes into Cooper's mouth.

Nothing is safe. He should have a fantastic immune system when he is older.

Due to his little army crawl where he drags himself along on his belly, both sides of his stomach have these
rashy looking callouses on them. It is
weird. I won't mind when he decides to start crawling on all fours even if he is really fast at his current method.

Some of Cooper's favorite locations are the
DVD's, the baskets that have our
Wii stuff, Fisher's bedroom, Fisher's bathroom (throw-up in my mouth), under the table, and today our bedroom has joined the Cooper destination get-away club.

He is starting to pull himself up to reach things and has especially developed a fondness for Todd's receiver which has pretty blue lights on it.

He pulls himself up onto just about everything he can. Today he pulled himself to standing in his crib which looks like we'll be dropping it soon.

He had been pulling himself up in his pack n' play bassinet which is why we nixed that sleeping arrangement finally.

We tried one of those mesh bag things for fruits and veggies since he seemed to hate the jarred foods. No luck, although he did like playing catch with it.
This is a very common sight seeing him go after something. His favorites are my books & book marks, remotes, paper, and Fisher's toys. Oh- and I don't think I have mentioned yet that while he hates baby food, he loves to eat paper. Big chunks of it. I am often surprised when changing his diaper with what color of paper he has eaten that day.

He will be sick of Transformers by the time he is Fisher's age.

The green little toy he is holding are these trio building blocks that Fisher loves which are great teething toys. Cooper prefers them to all of his teething rings. Stubborn kid.

He loves his blankets, especially
chewing on them, and he likes attacking his stuffed animals. Cooper is very physical.

He talks
a lot still saying his "
ba,
da,
wa, ma"
gibberish. He also likes to talk "grunt" with us. If he grunts he expects up to do it back.

Here is this cute little shirt I found that I surprised Todd with.

This is often the look I get when I pull out jarred foods.
"Have you not learned yet Woman??"

Balloon...one of Cooper's biggest loves. We constantly are raining on his parade and taking them away. Also, the kid is next to impossible to keep shoes & socks on. This Sunday was a first. He made it all the way to the car ride home before losing a shoe.

We don't have him on a particular nap schedule yet, which sucks. He has spent so much of this winter sick that any hope of schedules have gone down the drain. Maybe come spring.

Despite the fact he is a stubborn little monster baby at times, he has the cutest smile that warms our hearts. We still love him even if he wakes up multiple times during the night and refuses to eat anything.

Sorry for such a long post. If you made it to the bottom then props to you!
2 comments:
Sadie + Cooper = True Love Forever.
Can I get that in writing?? You know...just in case he turns out to be a wild child like his big brother :)
Post a Comment