I meant for my pictures to be at the end of this post since the bottom half is a little on the negative side but I messed up and can't change it.
I had to bribe him with a candy cane.
Now for the
NOT SO HAPPY....
Todd's wallet was stolen today. On a good note- we don't have a lot of credit cards and the ones we do have were wonderful to work with over the phone. On a bad note it is creepy knowing that someone out there has pictures of us, our address and who knows what other information they were able to find in his wallet/back pack. Todd is completely stressed since all of his notes from the semester were in there along with a lot of other things that are valuable to him.
Then....
The mailman came back in the afternoon to drop off a package (because our mail man rocks!) and his mail truck happened to break down in our driveway. It was only in the 20's and was windy and COLD. The nice person inside of me was wanting to invite him in so he did not have to sit in the cold. (Don't worry- the nice person in me was did not seriously contemplate this, knowing it was completely ridiculous and there are probably company rules against anything of the sort anyway.) The paranoid person in me was thinking "what if he asks to use the rest room and sees the inside of our house? He'll know where the boys sleep"...and so forth. I was thinking about how it would have been to live 5o years ago where I would not have had to think twice about extending my hospitality and being worried about being robbed, raped or murdered...I know it sounds PARANOID and everything but we have had some crazy things happen lately.
Then....
The mailman came back in the afternoon to drop off a package (because our mail man rocks!) and his mail truck happened to break down in our driveway. It was only in the 20's and was windy and COLD. The nice person inside of me was wanting to invite him in so he did not have to sit in the cold. (Don't worry- the nice person in me was did not seriously contemplate this, knowing it was completely ridiculous and there are probably company rules against anything of the sort anyway.) The paranoid person in me was thinking "what if he asks to use the rest room and sees the inside of our house? He'll know where the boys sleep"...and so forth. I was thinking about how it would have been to live 5o years ago where I would not have had to think twice about extending my hospitality and being worried about being robbed, raped or murdered...I know it sounds PARANOID and everything but we have had some crazy things happen lately.
About a week ago Todd had gone out shopping and stopped at the gas station. A car pulls up at the pump across from him, a man comes and asks Todd for money, Todd said sorry but no cash (which was a lie), Todd goes back to pumping, guy gets in his car and then out of the blue FIVE (yep, I said FIVE) cop cars come tearing into the parking lot, lights blazing. All cops jump out of cars with guns pointed in Todd's general direction yelling very loud expletives something to the effect of "GET ON THE GROUND!" They had the guy and his friend on the ground (near where Todd was) and had guns drawn to their heads. Todd said it was the scariest and most intense thing he has ever seen. It turns out the guy and his friend had stolen the car and robbed a store. We were thankful that day that the "criminals" had not held Todd up or gotten upset when he said he didn't have any money.
Since we have lived in Louisville there has also been a murder at the park behind the apartments where we lived less than a mile away. Todd also was home one day (in the same apartments) and witnessed a real deal S.W.A.T team in full armor and guns while some guy in the complex was holding someone hostage.
Our next apartment was another great place to live with all kinds of stories. In fact, if you go back to the beginning of our blog around 2006, those good times are all recorded.
Since we have lived in Louisville there has also been a murder at the park behind the apartments where we lived less than a mile away. Todd also was home one day (in the same apartments) and witnessed a real deal S.W.A.T team in full armor and guns while some guy in the complex was holding someone hostage.
Our next apartment was another great place to live with all kinds of stories. In fact, if you go back to the beginning of our blog around 2006, those good times are all recorded.
I know this is nothing more than a post of rambling but as I said- it has been an odd kind of day. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.
By the way, I did offer our mailman hot chocolate although he declined. I realized I should have made some anyway. In the end I did take him out some blankets to bundle up in.
This is where the pictures were supposed to come in so that I did not leave off on a bad note.
4 comments:
Better paranoid than dead. Just pray that everything is fine and that you can deal with anything else. Sorry all that has happened. :( But your kiddos are adorable! :) And fisher looks very handsome! :) Love the new do. :)
Ty had told me about Todd's backpack. That's awful! We can totally relate, since that same thing has happened to us twice - and with one of those experiences, someone racked up $8000 on a credit card before we even knew the wallet was missing. Hopefully it will turn up. What's even worse is you know those notes were priceless to Todd and completely worthless to someone else.
I feel like a schmuck! I just read your post, and I didn't know when we talked the other day. So sorry! I am so glad that everyone is alright.
Love,
Alicia
You should move to Daybreak....where all you have to deal with is cat snatchers, bike theifs, and totally catty mormon chicks....
Maybe I'll move there eh?
Post a Comment