Friday, March 05, 2010

Fisher. Blankie. Bye Bye.

I have been meaning to do a post about Fisher but it just hasn't happened lately. Since I don't know how long it will be before I get around to it I wanted to make a note that we have been performing
Operation Get Rid of Blankie so Fisher Will Stop Sucking His Thumb
which is something we should have done two years ago but did not feel like doing.
So far he is doing great. It really proves to us that so often these security objects are just as much for the parents as they are for the kids.
I was also having a guilt complex taking Fisher's blanket away when I still have one of my own...
What a hypocrite I am.

1 comment:

The Clayton Clan said...

My first thought at reading this title was, "Doesn't Meagan still have her blanket?" LOL You are ahead of us. In fact we are backtracking. Kerri had her pacifier (buddy) until she was 3. Sierra had her pacifier until she was just short of 4 (the day Rick came home on leave from Korea) and gave up her "silkies" (any silky material that she could finger like she fingered my garments while she nursed). Lexi is almost 4-1/2 and she still has her "buddies". I know that no child has ever gone to Kindergarten with a pacifier but I'm beginning to think that Lexi will be the first.