Monday, April 26, 2010

A random trip to the Zoo

A couple of weeks ago Fisher had pink eye for the first (maybe he had had it once before??) time and so I had to keep him home from school. He was so sad that I decided to take him to the zoo just the three of us away from other kids.

I call this one "dumb construction worker" (no offense, Roberto!) since this guy walked across the bridge three times over a very short period of time while I was trying to take pictures. I understand he was just doing his job but he was making it really difficult for me to get any pictures without his bright green vest. I don't have photo shop so I couldn't just edit him out.

Fisher playing with his spider men while watching the ducks/swans.

A little far out on the editing for what I normally do but I really dug this one.

Can you tell I can't choose between pictures?

The zoo was so slow that day. It was wonderful! We would go 15 minutes sometimes without seeing someone.

They have a dinosaur exhibit right now that Fisher was DYING to go see. It stinks since it costs $4 a person even for members but I figured it was worth it on this particular day. You could make it through the whole thing in about 5 minutes if you wanted to but we went back and forth for a good half hour to make sure we got our money's worth.

The little kids we saw coming out as we walked in were crying hysterically.

This might have had something to do with it.

"Mom! The dinosaurs are eating another dinosaur! I think I should throw a rock at it!" - Fisher

They moved and made noises. Fisher was not intimidated in the slightest. If anything he was putting up a good challenge as to who was the Alpha in this situation.
(I have been reading way too many books on werewolves lately.)

Who's the boss now?

I like to call this one:
"Hello Fisher. I will see you in your nightmares tonight."

Triceratops looking like he just ate someone wearing a hat.

T-Rex was pretty cool.

Later we walked all the way around the zoo.
Fisher got tired and so we sat.

And sat.

And played a little.

And pouted quited a bit.

Eventually we made it over to the Tiger.

He kept staring us down like he wanted to eat us. Since there wasn't a soul around to witness it he could have done the task guilt free.

Later Fisher spent some time conversing with the gorillas about his T-Rex toy.

They became tight.

Well...not this guy. He was too busy eating his pile of poo. Seriously. I couldn't help but watch, you know, kind of like a horrible car accident except that this one involved feces...
Thank goodness Fisher didn't see this. Let's just say he is easily influenced and I don't like where this would have led.

Talking Gorilla.

As we left the gorilla exhibit there was this crazed little squirrel...

Fisher felt it his duty to dart after it so you can imagine my horror when the squirrel got outside and lept off the side railing down into the bushes (which was a long ways down) and Fisher tried desperately to climb up it so that he too could make the leap...
The kid is borderline psychotic when it comes to chasing animals. It is about the only time he has a one track mind.
"Must catch animal."

All in all it was a successful, fun day with my boys. I was able to take a bunch of pictures of flowers that I have yet to post but I plan on doing.

The Coopster just slept and chilled in his stroller for 3.5 hours while we were there.

Oh...and tonight he officially started walking. He walked from the living room by the TV all the way into his bedroom.
We have a walker.
He doesn't seem old enough to be walking. Wasn't he just born?

3 comments:

Ken, Alicia, Abby, and Ethan Lund said...

They melt my heart. Also glad that he didn't see the poop-eating. Ew.

GordonandChrissy said...

Such cute pictures. I especially like the one where Fisher is talking to the gorillas about his new dinosaur toy. :)

And, seriously! Didn't you just have Cooper? I can't believe he is walking. That is CRAZY!

Danielle said...

These pictures are awesome, and I love the ones of the NEW TEETH below! Gosh, that fisher reminds me SO MUCH of Todd- and all I see his the personality in the pictures! I bet it kills you everyday! So funny!