Saturday, July 17, 2010

Day 10: Drive to Reno

Me, my mom, Fisher and Cooper all packed up in the car to make the drive to Reno from Las Vegas. With the boys, the trip ended up taking us about 9 hours but it was a beautiful day and we (me & my mom) never ran out of things to talk about.

It had been years since the last time I made this drive and I had forgotten that it is much more beautiful than the drive between SLC and Reno.

Most of these pictures are scenic. After this post, there will be more pictures with people in them.

Tons and tons of cacti.

The clouds were beautiful .

So were the mountains.

My mom's grandparents moved from NYC all the way out to Sodaville, NV in the middle of nowhere. This was their house.

And back by the trees is where they had a mill. (I am pretty sure that is what you told me, Mom?)

One of the few rest stops throughout the middle of Nevada.
After driving all the way across the country, I have to say I was very disappointed with how my state was represented in the rest stop category.
Barely more to boast than a port-a-potty.
There is water in the desert.
This is what we saw majority of the drive.

Grandma helping Cooper take a break from the car.
We made a lot of stops along the road since Fisher had a case of the runs. We joked that he left his mark (at least 4 times) across the state of Nevada.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The picture was of the mill (Grandpa owned a mine) - the trees were the oasis where they lived. It was beautiful in a young child's eyes :)!!