My Washington posts are going to be broken up into segments, otherwise it would be one post about 100 pictures long.
I left Fisher with G & G Lund (the first time we have ever left him for longer than one night) and I have to say that it made for such a fun relaxing trip to visit my brother & SIL in Seattle. Aside from the airline losing my luggage (which was delivered at 2AM by a Santa Clause look-a-like) the trip was great. Cooper was such a good baby on the flights to/from, he handled all the traveling really well and he absolutely adored Erin & Robbie.
We arrived on a Thursday late afternoon. Robbie & Erin decided to indulge me in my Twilight "issues" so Friday morning...okay, it was more like early afternoon by the time we got on the road...we hopped in the car to go drive onto a ferry to cross the Puget Sound to head towards Forks.
We had to wait in line for a while and then barely missed a ferry by about 6 cars. We were entertained by the many characters surrounding us, particularly one group of hillbillies I would have expected to see in Kentucky, not Seattle. There were lots of cut off shirts, bellies of rather large proportions, not just sticking out but escaping from their cotton prisons (AKA shirts) in mass proportions. Erin and I heard two males discussing how bad they smelled and being rather proud of the fact. It was enlightening to say the least. As I mentioned, I felt like I was at the Kentucky State Fair.
The weather was beautiful! With blue skies and cool temperatures it could not have been more perfect. From where we waited there was a set of buoys where whales tend to pop up frequently. We did not see any but it is crazy to think that whales will come that close to shore.
While Erin and I wandered about, Cooper stayed in the car with Uncle Robbie.
This picture won't mean much to most people but it was one of those really funny moments that had me & Erin laughing. We convinced Robbie to go out and enjoy the beautiful weather since he had been stuck in the car with Cooper. It was funny because after all the convincing, Robbie walked over, hands in pocket, staring out over the Sound....and just stood there. Kind of like, "Okay, nice view...what do I do I now that I am here?" It was one of those "you had to be there" moments, but I did not want to forget about it which is why it is on here. :)
Leaving the dock and officially starting our journey towards Twilight heaven! :)He continued his nap for the first half of the trip.
Riding the ferry.
View from the ferry.
Erin, Robbie & future nephew.



No comments:
Post a Comment