Saturday, November 13, 2010

Going back to September

I am still playing the catch up game but now I'm on a roll and might be able to do it. Here are the going-ons from our eccentric kids during the month of September.

When not walking around in mini- shorts, Beatles t-shirts and rainbow colored glasses, Fisher spent most the month dressing up in costumes such as Spiderman.
(I love this picture of him.)

And a Jedi. (Thanks Julie!)

Transformer handyman.

When he wasn't doing fix it jobs around the house...

He was constructing chairs and games of chess for his monkey and Elmo. (That really is what is going on in this pic.)

He and Cooper had both caught something that month and weren't feeling 100%. Fisher decided to do his quiet time on the floor instead of in his room.

I love these next two pictures of the dude as well although I do understand that this one appears to be a little psychotic.

Or just plain weird. I have another catch up post made up entirely of "Fisher's faces." I would have put these ones on there as well but the Fisher/Cooper ratio would have been even more out of balance than it already is since Fisher won't let me takes pictures of him very often. (Says the person who has been known to put up 50 pictures in one single posting...)

This expression represents those times when Todd and I feel like we are trying to explain something to the kid and for some reason we aren't getting through to him...

And we might be punishing him and this is the response we get...

Then he tops it all off with some spittle...
You win some. You lose some.
We lose a lot of battles.
Other days he looks so big and and grown up and can be the best little buddy and helper. It's a roll of the dice.
Now for Cooper in the month of September. Since I have slacked on the monthly updates here is a review of what he WAS up to two months ago. A lot of these are still favorite past times although they might be amped up a little.
Standing on his head. Loves to do it although not as frequently.
He loves helping with the sweeping and raking and I am sure this winter he will love shoveling snow.

Sitting on the dishwasher. If I close and lock it, he will turn the dial so that it starts the dishwasher whether it is empty or full of clean or dirty dishes.

Sitting at the little table. (His new interest of the week is sitting and dancing on the big table. Not fun. Can't take our eyes off of him for a second.)

Standing on the little chairs. (Once again, this one is completely amplified with climbing on all the dining room chairs, couches, rolling computer chair, Lazy Boy...anything he can climb and jump and fall off from.)

He still loves climbing and dancing on the ottomans. Our cheapo furniture has taken such a beating from these boys. I look forward to replacing it one day.

He was obsessed with sitting in the ottomans to play with his toys. (That is where we store some of them.)

He doesn't just play with the toys...he eats them too.

He loves all of his music and noise making toys. Two months ago he was obsessed with this one but not as much now.

He loves pulling all of the books off his shelf and looking through them. Right now he enjoys the flip books that have pictures of our families in them.

The love for stuffing his mouth with his blankie grows more and more every day. If we were to lose that stinky and more often than not, wet, blanket then we would be a in a WORLD of trouble.

When not stuffing his mouth with his blanket, eating markers is always a favorite.

When not standing on chairs he went through a little phase of hunting down Todd's scriptures and standing on those.

Had his first sugar cookie made by Mommy and immediately fell in love.

First popsicle. We tried over the summer giving them to him but he was never interested until one night when I was cutting his hair.

Wearing his shoes even when he had nothing else on. Thankfully he has new shoes now. Those stinky, sockless, summertime shoes smelled so bad that even Todd one day told me he was going to go out and buy Cooper some new shoes if I wouldn't.

Testing out his big boy car seat for the first time. (That shows how long ago these pictures were taken. It feels like he has been in there forever!)

He still does this one frequently. Now that he has his new teeth coming in he loves to feel around with his tongue.

Poor little guys wasn't feeling very well when this was taken.

It is hard to believe he is almost a year and a half old. We wonder so much what the next little guy will be like.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

The picture of Cooper on Todd's scriptures made me laugh. He is such a cutie! And Fisher, what amazing faces! Your boys are so cute and you do such a good job capturing all of their personality :) Good luck with the blanket thing. We just got rid of Levi's stuffed animals that he would chew on and it's gone fine. Now that it's gone, I'm not giving 'em back!

Julie said...

How can you not just love the little guys? Love the picts. They are so much fun! We miss playing! :)