Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Back to November

During the month of November Cooper learned what happens to suckers when they go wandering from the mouth.
*
His hat obsession was at an all time high.
*
He went to nursery...but not officially. I was subbing that day and he came in for a little bit. December 19th is the big day!

We were unable to get him off the the little table.

And the big one.

He decided it was much more enjoyable to eat on the table with Fisher than in his high chair.

Fisher has had chapped lips for about a month now.

The boys decided they were animals and played a lot of follow the leader.

Cooper spent a lot of time attacking Fisher. Fisher is definitely going to be in trouble when Cooper is a little bigger. There will be a lot payback in store. :)

Fisher helped me decorate for Christmas. He loves the holidays.

Cooper was giddy with excitement and confusion over the Christmas tree.

Whenever I see him this close to the tree it is cause for concern. I would have only decorated halfway down the tree out of his reach but he loves pulling the lights off (or attempting to which leads to the tree almost falling over) so the ribbon and ornaments are a nice distraction from the more dangerous items. 18 months has proven to be a challenge with the Christmas tree!

It was pointless putting ribbon on. It always looks horrible- especially after Cooper has had his hands on it which is about a good 5 times a day. :)

Fisher loves playing with the ornaments as well. He has discovered nutcrackers and snow globes this year and thinks they are the coolest things ever. We have ornaments of both.

He is also obsessed with our little elf who moves around every night and reports back to Santa about whether Fisher is being naughty or nice. Fisher thought it was pretty funny to see the elf dangling from the ceiling fan. I am just relieved that Elf was hanging by his hands.

I had put up a similar picture in earlier posts but this one is of Fisher actually putting the star on the tree. He was so excited to do this task! Fisher also learned that we have a fake tree and now asks everyone if their tree is fake or real. I love real trees but we would not have been able to put it up before Thanksgiving if it was real.

I had an urge to do white lights with all red and gold this year but then I remembered our tree is pre-lit with colored lights. We add additional strands but all the same, white would not have worked. I think Todd would be so sad if I changed from the colored lights. Not to mention that we collect ornaments every year and they would not work on my red, white and gold tree. Eventually I am going to do two different trees. One can never have too many Christmas trees.

No comments: