Saturday, January 01, 2011

Christmas Day aka A lot of Pictures

We did not have snow Christmas day in Reno but at least we could see some from the view off the deck.

Fisher and Abby woke me and Todd (I am not sure about the rest of the family) ringing bells and running around our room. 
I was a little worried when Fisher started telling me how Santa left him dinosaurs under the Christmas tree.  We did, in fact, have those same dinosaurs for him but they were back in Louisville under the tree from Grandma & Grandpa Church.  Ken and Alicia, being the nice people they are, let Fisher think the dinosaurs were his and not Ethan's.  When it came time to fly home we told him we would leave them in Reno and Santa would be sure to get them to us.
Whew!
We almost had a really sad little boy but everything was fine in the end. :)

Stocking stuffers.  Cooper slept through Christmas morning.  Todd tried to wake him up but he would not budge so Fisher went at it with Abby & Ethan.

Nothing like a good pair of Christmas tree sunglasses.

Present mayhem.

Matching PJs.

 The difference between boys and girls.

 Fisher giving Daddy a different beard for the day.

 I missed the cutest shot by about a millisecond.  Still bummed about that one.  Ethan had been resting his chin on Ken's head.  This was while Alicia and I were making Christmas breakfast, Todd was setting up Mom & Dad's Roku, Mom & Dad were out with Yonder and Suka and the kids were running around like it was Christmas morning or something.

 Cooper finally decided to wake up.  He loved all of Ethan's presents.

 Cooper turned 18 months a couple days before we flew out.  He loves dogs but only from a distance.  Whenever he sees any kind of animal with fur he barks.  It is fun.

 We love Yonder.  Fisher is convinced it is HIS and Grandpa's dog. 
In that order.

On our way to the airport he told Grandpa to be sure to take care of Yonder. 

A boy and his dog on Christmas Day. 

Santa baby...

 More sunglasses.  Maybe this will keep him away from mine.

 Opening presents.

Cooper LOVES putting on gloves.   

His haul... 

For the rest of the day we frequently found Fisher looking like this. 

 All of the video games got to his head so he had to take a few visits to the doctor.

 Grandpa, Fisher and Abby.

Washing Yonder in the bathtub. 

 Fisher has an obsession with a certain part of the body.  This picture might give a pretty good idea of what that body part is...
The funny thing is that when I took this picture I did not notice where Fisher's attention was focused.

While the dog was being washed the babies played in the shower.  Cooper would put all the shampoo and conditioner on the ground and Ethan would then place them back up on the ledge. 

My little baby who is not going to seem like such a baby in the next 60+ days or so. 

Later we took the kids outside to help them expel some of their energy.  Both Cooper and Ethan had fun running down the driveway.  I was waiting for someone to land on their face.

Fisher and Grandpa taking a break.

The Coopster.

A man and his dog. 

 Fisher walking Yonder which is no easy feat.  Yonder is a strong dog.

 Trying to hitch hike.

 Fisher Magoo.

I love this one. 

I was playing around with my new zoom lens which is part of the reason I have so many pictures from outside.  Then again, I would have taken that many anyway. 

We stayed for one more day after Christmas and then left Monday morning.  Here Fisher was on Sunday morning showing Great Grandma how to play his Leapster. 

Cooper and Ethan were hard to get pictures of since they were always on the move- especially Ethan.  Cooper was a little more reserved and became EXTREMELY attached to Todd.  He won't go to anyone and was very hesitant to climb as much as he does at home.  Ethan, on the other hand, was fearless.  It was fun seeing the two of them together. 

When they weren't climbing they were getting into things they weren't suppsed to be playing with.

This is the only picture I had with all four kids together.  They made for a very busy group of kids but it was fun to see everyone and see the kids play together.  I do look forward to the day when the kids are all older and there won't be so much having to watch every single thing they do or breaking up fights.  At the rate we are all going I don't see there being an end to there ever being babies around. :)  Haha.

No comments: