Sunday, May 15, 2011

Introducing Dr. Todd

 It is official.  Todd graduated from dental school yesterday on May 14, 2011.

Todd's family came down to celebrate with us.  We had great seats up on the balcony where all of us juggled the kids and cameras and the kids entertained those around us.  They actually did so much better than I expected.  Fisher played his Leapster and Angry Birds, Cooper sat on laps and ate fruit snacks and yogurt covered raisins.  Tucker was passed around...even to strangers sitting behind us who seemed reluctant to give him back. :)

Todd walking in.

 Finding his seat.

 A view of the stage from our seats.  Thankfully we were not in the front row.  Fisher did not notice the balcony until we started to walk out.  There were a few concerned people as Fisher kept rushing down to see the trumpets and he wanted to lean over to do so.

The graduates. 
The arrow shows where Todd was sitting.

 Next up!

Making the walk to the stage. 

 Smiling for the camera with Dr. Espisito.

Shaking hands with Dr. Boyd and hugging Dr. Stratton.

Dr. Boyd placing the hood.

Hooray!
Receiving his diploma from Dean Sauk.

Fisher and I came down from the balcony to take pictures.  As Todd was on the stage Fisher was yelling "Congratulations Daddy! and  I love you!"  As Todd walked off Fisher ran to him and walked with him down the isle.

Fisher was 18 months when Todd started four years ago.  Since then we have had two more boys who were both born within days of Todd taking a portion of Board exams.  Fisher is now 5 1/2, Cooper is a little over a month shy of two and Tucker was two months and 4 days the day Todd graduated.

Todd with Jedd & Mom & Dad Church.

 This was a proud day for Mom & Dad.

 Todd and his buddies.  There were a few missing from the photo- it was chaotic with everyone walking around.

 Fisher is so excited Daddy is done with school.  I don't know if he realizes this means now he is going to have to start work. :)
 I forgot to mention that it was a miserable rainy day...I mean downpour type of rain. We had to park so far out and everyone had umbrellas and we still ended up wet by the time we got made it to the building where graduation was being held.

Fisher was insistent I take a picture of him doing a 360.

When he wasn't jumping, following Todd around or running away from us and hiding behind a tree, Fisher was hanging out under an umbrella with some of the other kids.

 Todd and his friend, Jeff.

 Todd and his group manager, Dr. Boyd.

 We would have taken more pictures with his buddies but we spent a lot of time dealing with tired kids.

It was a wonderful day and we can't believe it has now come and gone.  We now look forward to what the future holds in store for us.

3 comments:

Amy and Cameron said...

Dr. Todd Rules!! Congrats!!

GordonandChrissy said...

Yee haw! I bet you all are SOO excited and SOO done with school. That is great. Congratulations and enjoy the next phase, Dr. Todd and fam!

Rebecca said...

Congratulations to you guys! I am sure you are so glad to be done with school and have one more item checked off your list! I look forward to seeing how your lives go as 'grown ups'!