Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Welcome to Nebraska

The title of this post is a little misleading since you would think it would be full of our new adventures in Omaha. Truthfully, our adventures have been rather limited to unpacking boxes and moving stuff around in the house.  We will take the boys to the parks (yes, I say parks since there are FOUR different, great parks within a five minute walk from our house.  Those are only the ones we have discovered thus far.  That aspect of our new neighborhood is fantastic!  Other than the house and parks we have made numerous trips to the local Walmart to stock the house with items we need.  Sounds exciting right?

We are adjusting to the new life although this is a sort of false reality we are living in at the moment.  Todd won't start work until after he returns from Officer training (which is now less than a week away) and Fisher will be starting Kindergarten.  I will be resuming life as a stay-at-home mom without my husband to help out all the time.  It has been nice (can I say UNDERSATEMENT?) having Todd around but we are ready to get into the swing of things and get a routine started.
I will be blogging more soon.  Lots of stuff to catch up on but there has been so little time.
I thought I would post a few pictures I have managed to take of the boys until I have a chance to add more later.  Cooper turned two years old a little over a week ago.  We ditched church and ate cake sitting on the kitchen floor surrounded by boxes seeing as we had only moved in two days prior.  It was fun. :)  Grandma Church was able to share the occasion with us since she came along for the ride to Omaha to help us with the move.  More on all our adventures to come.

No comments: