We just returned from a week long family reunion to Hilton Head (with side trips to Savanna and Charleston) and are now packing up to move to Omaha in a few days.
Needless to say, things are a little hectic.
Aside from kissing sharks, Todd has been working in the emergency clinic up at the dental school for the last few weeks. He is so happy to be done with school and was excited to see his dental license in the mail when we returned from our trip. He is feeling a little nervous about officer training and leaving us for 4-5 weeks- especially about Tucker not remembering who he is when he returns. He is not stressed about moving which baffles me.
I, on the other hand, am going crazy over the move. I am stressed and up and down in the emotional department. All the packing from showing our house, to moving and our trip has made me a little loco. I can't wait for September when we will have had a chance to settle into a routine in our new lives. I need to be out of limbo or else I am going to lose any of the leftover sanity I may possess on a good day.
Fisher spent a lot of time in the water on our trip. This is a big accomplishment since he hasn't had swimming lessons (Mom is not a big fan of water and has been a slacker in that department) and LOVED the swimming pool. He was a really good boy on the trip and now that I am thinking about it he has been been doing a lot better all around. He is sad about leaving his friends when we move and tells me everyday. He is a sweet, tender boy when he is not having a bad day. On the bad days he has a tongue sharper than a razor.
Our little crazy beast will be two in one week. I can't believe it...well, I can believe that he is in his terrible two's-his behavior is a reflection of that- but I can't believe how fast the time has flown. He has started climbing out of his crib over and over and over so that the first few nights when he started doing it, he was not going to bed until 11 pm. Naps went good-bye for a few days and he was so tired and grumpy that there were moments I was ready to lock him in a closet. He has been doing better about staying put now, but still has his moments. He still has 3 teeth coming in and wakes up every night crying. We will be happy when he has all of his teeth. He is a joyful, mischievous almost two year old and I am guessing he will continue to be a handful in the future.
Tucker turned three months this past Friday. He is such a good baby and very low maintenance. He is a blessing in my life. All my boys are actually, but if Tucker was a difficult baby I think it would have put me over the edge these past few months. He coos and occasionally laughs and has the sweetest smile. He rolls from his tummy to back every now and then. He sleeps 8-10 hour stretches most nights and loves to nap on his tummy. His hair is falling out and he is developing bald spots on the back of his head. He is starting to grab on to fabrics, likes looking at his little toys and is very alert. He drools a lot, always chews on his hands, occasionally sucks his thumb and is not a fan of the heat.
He melts all of our hearts.






No comments:
Post a Comment