First off, a lot of these pictures are ugly. I am putting them up here strictly to remember this Halloween and not because the pictures look good. All of my pictures during the storm are ugly because all I had was indoor light which is dull and yellow. It felt like it was night time for days. Then, when I went out trick or treating with the kids, I didn't use my flash (hate using the flash) but it was too dark to go without. In the end it just made for a lot of really blurry, ugly pictures. :) Same goes for the Hurricane Sandy pictures and the upcoming post about my mom's visit.
While we were going stir crazy indoors, I had this brilliant idea to let the boys decorate their pumpkins using little decorating kits I had bought for really cheap. It ended up being really stressful since they consisted of black paint and bottles of black glitter but oh well. Looking back on it, I guess it was okay.
Fisher did a bat and Cooper did a spider. They loved their little pumpkins.
While it was windy and rainy, they stayed indoors.
On Halloween, when the rain finally stopped, they joined the other pumpkins outside.
Halloween was a busy but pleasant day. My mom was able to share in the excitement so that was a lot of fun. We hung up all my new curtains (thank you Mom!) and when Fisher got home from school, we decorated our porch. Our neighborhood goes all out with the holiday decorations. Everyone had to take everything down when Sandy hit, which was kind of sad, but some people did put them back up on Halloween. The boys were very proud of our decorations. :)
When Todd got home from work, he helped the boys carve some pumpkins. Tucker really wanted to help.
Fisher designed one of them.
Todd helped him carve his design.
Not the greatest picture (but none of them are) of all three bats. Tucker had another costume but he is obsessed with wearing his ears. We just threw him in black and pretended like he wouldn't wear his wings. Kind of a crappy costume but it worked. :) Next year I will try harder.
Fisher and Cooper just wanted to run but Tucker kept holding them back. Todd finally started carrying him even though Tucker really wanted to walk.
Fisher sprinting ahead. HE and Cooper were so excited about Halloween this year.
Some of the neighborhood decorations. You can't see that well because of the quality of pictures but it will have to do.
More decor.
I took Tucker back to the house with me so that Todd and the other two could hit more houses. Todd came home laughing with two little boys who were so worn out. Todd said they hit the last house and said they could not walk any further. He had to drag them back home and not because they weren't ready to stop but because they couldn't go a step further.
When we got home we skyped with Grandpa Lund and G&G Church.
My mom was tired from all the work I had her doing, but don't my curtains look cute? I love them. It is hard being on Eastern time when you are used to Pacific. The boys wake up early and they would run straight to Grandma.
Fisher liked having his hair spray painted. Originally I was going to paint their faces but we ran out of time.
All in all, it was a fun, family oriented Halloween. The boys went to bed happy. The adults went to bed tired.
No comments:
Post a Comment