My mom came to scope out our new location. She ended up getting to know the interior of our home really well since so much of our time was spent inside during the storm. I was so grateful to have her company. Nevada is a long ways away and sometimes I feel that distance. Thank goodness for airplanes! It also worked out perfectly since Todd left out of town last minute. With the kids all worked up over Halloween and an approaching hurricane, I think I would have gone into meltdown. Don't get me wrong- I could have done it on my own just fine. We rise to the occasion, right? Sometimes it just stinks to have to rise to the occasion. She made it so much more pleasant.
I can sew but I hate doing it. I put her to work making a bunch of valences for my windows. 11 in total to be precise.
She also had plenty of time to play with the kids. Whether it was letting Cooper spin her to the point of vertigo (literally) or playing London Bridge, they had a good time with Grandma.
We all fall down!
Once Todd got back into town he was able to help out with the kids so we could work on some of our projects. Things like picking Fisher up at the bus stop were left to him since work was cancelled.
Grandma had a fun time observing the kids and our family on Halloween. She said it took her back to when we were little.
Later, she passed out candy while Todd and I took the boys out trick-or-treating.
Fisher was so sad when she left.
He is always sad when any of the grandparents leave. He has told us on many occasions that he thinks all of us (both sets of grandparents) should all live next to each other. I think that would be a grand idea. Free babysitting?! All the time? Yes please! ;)
A lot of our time was watching the boys run through the house chasing after each other and wrestling. Going back home to my dad and Grandma probably seemed so nice and quiet after a trip to our place.
I love my kitchen curtain. Thanks Mom!
Finally the rain let up and on her last day in town, I took my mom to go see Yorktown. It was a beautiful day to be there. More pictures on that later. It was a good thing we didn't get to sight see too much. Now she will HAVE to come back if she ever wants to see Williamsburg. :) See, I had a plan all along, Mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment