Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Thanksgiving in A LOT of pictures

I have been lacking in the blogging department for a couple reasons:  I ran out of storage space (but ended up forking out the $$ so I don't get too behind in my pictures) and also because I have been crazy busy lately.  
My anxiety and ADD levels are skyrocketing this month.  I have lists everywhere that are half completed but I won't throw any of them away until every last thing is checked off.  I have been trying to read but there are so many books I want to read that I am stressing myself out and reading ten pages at a time until I pick up another book, therefore not reading anything.
The kids have been out of control and tearing apart the house like it is their one mission in this life.  
Even today, Todd witnessed as I cleaned the house and saw firsthand how within a few hours it was impossible to tell that I had, indeed, spent hours cleaning.
Boys...  
I don't know what to do with them...
Except wrestle them to the ground, blow raspberries and make them laugh by making farting noises.  
Works every time.

The holidays are stressful for my brain.

 Anywhoo, what is fun about the holidays is spending it with family.  We were able to go visit my bro & SIL in Charlotte.  The drive there was a little rocky.

 We had a lot going on the day before Thanksgiving.  Todd had to work and then had a luncheon thing where he wanted me to bring the two little ones so that we could meet some of his co-workers.  I was also trying to pack for the trip.  In the midst of all the excitement, I missed Fisher's early bus that day only to meet up with the bus- him being the last kid on it- back on the way to school.  Fisher was in tears and telling me how he once again said a prayer asking that he would find me.  Talk about mother-of-the-year award for me, but I sure am proud of how he really seems to have found a testimony of prayer.

We got on the road a few hours later than we hoped and hit major traffic.  I now know how bad traffic can be in our neck of the woods.  I had run out of my Dramamine and stop-and-go traffic was brutal.  Tucker thought so, too, seeing as he threw up twice which slowed our slow time even more.  We made it into Charlotte at midnight.

 I liked all these pretty scenic pics.


 So here is where I am basically upchucking pictures.  (Sorry, still have throw-up on the brain.)
Steve & Katrina have a great back yard for the kids.  
There was such great weather that weekend that most of the time was spent outside.

 There was a lot of soccer action.









 A lot of swing action.


Emery is quite skilled in her superman swing flying.  She taught Cooper and they spent a lot of time flying together.

 When they weren't playing soccer or swinging, the kids where running around like a pack of wild dogs.  The neighbors all had dogs.  Who needs a dog when you have six kids available?

 Lots of freeze tag.


 The swing set was a huge hit.

 Fisher tried to make everyone play HIS way.

 I loved looking over and seeing kids everywhere. It made me so happy to see the cousins together.

 Even the little guys liked to get into the action.


 Emery was great with the babies.  I love how little girls seem to have this natural mothering instinct in them.  It happens all the time when I take the boys somewhere.  Little girls flock to them and just want to take care of them- especially Tucker.


 Beckett and Tucker spent a lot of time eyeing each other.  

It is fun having kids around the same age and seeing how they do so many of the same things.

 Tucker, Beckett and Uncle Steve.

Chandler was so sweet with Tucker.  He loved giving him hugs and patting his head.  
He also loved wrestling with Fisher.

Uncle Steve helped out a lot with the kids.  He took them into the woods to do some random tasks.  All I know, is that he took a lot of dangerous and yard equipment and I was amazed at the trust he had with his kids and those items.  I am petrified of what my boys can do with a plastic sword or drum sticks, let alone garden shears.  His trust was warranted, though.  Everyone returned unscathed. :)

 The kids helped clear out a bunch of wood.

 Some pieces bigger than others.


 Fisher and Chandler's creativity was really fun to watch.  Fisher was amazed by Chandler's "potions" and wanted to know if they really worked.

Cooper was not to be outdone with the big stick.

 Not only can he lift it onto the swing, but he can EAT it too.

 Another outdoor activity we did was roast hot dogs and s'mores over the fire.  The kids were more than happy to help supply the kindling.

 Uncle Steve demonstrating his mad fire skills.  The boys had fun watching the planes and birds.  It was such great weather.





 Roasting hot dogs.  
I am not going to lie- it got a little scary at time having the kids run around with long, pokey objects but we survived and it was a lot of fun.

 The babies got to hang out at the table, away from the fire.

 Katrina introduced to s'mores on a whole new level.  Yummm....




  When the kids weren't outside, they had fun playing games together.



Thankfully, Cooper and Emery got along.  Emery was about the only person Cooper liked.  He is suck a little punk right now.  We love him to death but he is going through a really mean phase right now.  Uncle Steve was at the top of  "Cooper's Nemesis" list.  He constantly yells and growls at people if they even look at him.  At the grocery store he gets really offended if anyone talks to him or look his way.  "Stupid butt face" was his name of choice for such evil-doers but now it has been replaced by "stupid baby."  I will definitely take that over them former.  He still has his sweet moments but he can be an angry little kid.  I have been reading a parenting book called "The Child Whisperer".  The name is ridiculous and the beginning is so lame, but the general idea of the book has actually been quite fascinating.  I was feeling very depressed one day reading it, realizing that I don't have any quiet or easy going kids.  I wouldn't mind having ONE that is a little less challenging at times.  *sigh*  I am grateful for my boys- just feel a little overwhelmed by them at times.

 When he had some downtime, Cooper decided to get some new ink.

Thanksgiving was so good.  The turkey was awesome.  My stuffing...not so much.  Mom Church makes the best stuffing, and my first attempt at it was less than stellar.  Oh well, there is always next year. :)
At least my rolls turned out.

 Steve & Katrina made homemade root beer.  The kids loved it and it tasted great.  It was a fun addition to our traditional dinner. :)

 The kids raised their glasses and made toasts.

 Fisher and Chandler enjoyed their turkey.

 I was able to put Tucker in his Thanksgiving shirt which made him look like a girl.

After dinner the babies had fun jumping onto Todd.  Fisher was really excited to see a baby wrestlemania.  This is the closest we got to seeing one, but they were going pretty wild and crazy for a bit.
 Then we all ate a lot of pie. 
After the kids went to bed, the grow-ups ate even more.

 We had a lot of fun playing games with Steve & Katrina.  It took us back to our college days in Provo.

 I attempted to take pics of their family, but I should have known better than to bring Fisher & Cooper.  It was freezing cold, we were limited on time with good lighting and my kids kept creeping into their family pictures.

Katrina has been supplying me with bow ties for the boys and we finally had a chance for her to show me how to make them so I don't have to beg.  I am so excited for my new assortment from her fabric scraps. :) 
It was a great Thanksgiving.  We made it home with no incidents (aka barf), two quick stops and in less than six hours.  I am so happy to live within a decent driving distance of someone in my family again!  Thanks for letting us come and tear apart your home.  We can't wait to get together again. :)

And with this post, there goes all my recently purchased storage...

4 comments:

Allie and Spencer said...

I always love your posts meagan... you take the prettiest pictures and your stories are hilarious. Those boys are so cute and you are amazing. Love Allie

Allie and Spencer said...

I always love your posts meagan... you take the prettiest pictures and your stories are hilarious. Those boys are so cute and you are amazing. Love Allie

Amber said...

Loved your post with A LOT of pictures :)
I just wanted to tell you, you can add a new administrator/author and it will give you more space.

Go to settings. Under permissions, add author (a different gmail account)...(create one if you need to). It will send you a conformation that you are an author and it should add the new email. Then you will switch it to admin as well. The down side, you will have to log into blogger with the new/different email every time. message me on FB if you have any other questions. I know so many people that are suddenly out of space (including myself) and this worked.

Todd and Meagan said...

You're sweet Allie. :) Hope you are feeling okay and your foot is recovering!

Thanks so much Amber! I am going to give that a try. You're little guy is so darling. :)