We have had a lovely Christmas morning. The boys are happy and are currently playing some monster truck game on the Wii so I have a few spare minutes to put up a few pics before it becomes crazy hectic again.
Fisher celebrated his 7th birthday a couple days ago. I plan on blogging about that when I have time but I just wanted to say how much we love him. He is such a sweet, intelligent, creative little boy. He has grown up so much over the last year. I can't believe he will be old enough to be baptized next year. I remember bringing him home on Christmas morning 7 years ago and that experience will forever live on as the best Christmas present ever. We are so grateful he was born into our family, and while he can be incredibly challenging at times, our family would not be the same without him. He keeps us on our toes and also keeps us laughing. We love you Fisherman!
His brothers adore him.
Yesterday, Fisher sat in front of the computer the entire day, tracking Santa's whereabouts on NORAD. It was so fun to see him so mesmerized. When Cooper woke up this morning he asked us if we thought Santa had come- with so much hope and nervousness at the same time. Having kids around for Christmas makes it so special.
I have thought a lot about the families who lost their children recently in the Connecticut school shooting. Fisher is the same age as those children. As we celebrated his birthday and Christmas, I thought a lot about how they won't have those experiences with those particular children anymore. The world scares me but I am so glad to have the knowledge I do of a loving Savior. It anchors my fear in peace instead. I am grateful to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ and to teach my children about His gospel.
We wish you all a Merry Christmas! We are off to eat breakfast and enjoy the spoils of Christmas morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment