May has been fun thus far with our anniversary and a visit from G&G Lund. I have so many pictures from our visit to sort through not to mention the old posts of which I am still trying to catch up.
Here are a few pics of the boys on Mother's Day. This year was really fun since I was able to spend it with my Mom. :) (And Dad but he doesn't count as much on Mother's Day. :)
The boys love when Daddy comes home. Here they are lined up waiting for him.
Cooper was pushing Tucker across the carpet in this manner. Tucker loved it.
We have had beautiful weather, although today it is 93 degrees. Too hot for me to want to take the boys out on their bikes and scooters.
Cooper loves his scooter.
Tucker is so darn cute on his little bike. He was determined to catch the garbage truck.
Tucker has been really whiny lately. He loves being outside, mimicks everything his brothers' do, finally has all of his teeth in, loves to collect ALL of his "bankets" into his arms when he wakes up so carrying him is difficult. He likes to be rocked and sung to before nap and bed, is not into food, IS into gum and chocolate milk, throws major temper tantrums that make us laugh when we're in good moods and annoy us when we aren't. He has BIG emotions like his big brother Fisher. He loves to tattle, loves to cuddle, loves to read books, is obsessed with Little Einsteins and "BIG JET!" He loves seeing big jets flying up in the sky. He still is really into Monster trucks and is starting to like trains. He is in a running off phase where he likes to run away in stores and when we are outside he particularly loves to dart into the street. He is our sweet little boy and we loves to squish his cheeks and tickle him and to make him laugh. Tucker has a great laugh deep from the belly. :)
He loves dogs and has no fear of walking up and touching them.
Cooper is still my busy little child. You never know what he is up to. Sometimes it is walking in to a bathroom and finding him naked on the potty, the whole bathroom floor flooded in water with a whole bottle of bubble bath emptied into the sink, toilet and bathtub. I won't even get into the plunger on the counter (barf).
Other times he leads me to believe he is going to grow up to be the parkour champion. He loves to run and jump on and over things.
Other times he finds himself a nice little reading nook and makes himself at home.
Cooper's favorite place right now is being upside down on the couch.
We love the life and energy that Cooper brings to our family. He is very much a "doer." He thinks of something and wants to do it right then and there. The sky is the limit with him.
He loves monster trucks and Daniel Tiger on PBS. He loves to cuddle and pester his brothers. He is an instigator through and through. Trouble should be his middle name.
When Cooper doesn't want to do something he will let you know. He is very stubborn and can also be very shy. Lately he has been going through separation anxiety so the gym and church have been a nightmare. I am hoping to get through this phase before he starts preschool. When he is embarrassed he has a really bad temper. He often looks like a scrub as I have given up the fight of dressing him. He will often be seen in public in PJ bottoms and one of his scrubby t-shirts. (I don't even care anymore. Gone are the days of my children having nice, clean faces and cute outfits.)
We love our little peanut- stubbornness, temper and all. :)
The other night we wre outside playing with the boys and all three of them had long, wet hair and were big sweaty messes. We decided it was time to line all of them up (Todd included) and I buzzed all of their heads for their summer hair cuts. I would be lying if I didn't say that cutting off Tucker's curls was traumatic. I like his hair better longer but this will be so much more comfortable for him.
Fisher before and after.
He had a lot of fun with the photo shoot.
His new love is Star Wars. The kid is obsessed with it. He recently saw the old movies for the first time and thinks they are the best thing ever. He loves reading books on it and playing with the legos and angry bird star wars and wearing star wars t-shirts.
He doing great in school and is still a bright little boy. I love talking to him at night and hearing his thoughts on life. He has a genuine sparkle in his eye that I love. He has been playing soccer and scored a goal last week when G&G L. were watching. He was so excited. He likes it when he is the best and hates it when he isn't. HE has been so helpful around the house and is a terrific big brother when he isn't having a bad day.
We love our Fisherman.
Cooper before and after.
He has grown so much over the last year. He is so tall and grown-up looking to me now.
And the painful one...
Tucker before and after.
My two little day time buddies.
This is a story about how my day normally goes. The boys pull out toys and are happy for about two seconds.
Cooper decides to instigate and hits Tucker.
Tucker retaliates and hits Cooper.
I don't have pictures of the next part but Cooper doesn't like his baby brother beating him up so he steps things up a notch and makes sure Tucker is really upset.
Which then lands him in the time out chair while he has to sit and watch Tucker play with his toys.
You can tell how much he likes this arrangement.
That is a typical day in the life of Meagan, Cooper and Tucker.
I have to say that I love it out here. If my parents didn't live ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE COUNTRY in Nevada and Mom & Dad C. a solid 10 hours away, I would say that I could probably live here. I don't know what it is exactly that I love so much but I do. It is green and beautiful. I love being close to the ocean and Chesapeake. I love the history and things to go see. The proximity of big cities is awesome- our list of things to do while we live here is huge. I have decided that I am definitely not a big city girl. I like to have my little side of town where I have everything I need and big cities close enough if I want to venture out. We LOVE going to Busch Gardens. Todd and I have taken a few dates there and Fisher & Cooper love it as well. We didn't buy the water park pass this year since I didn't trust myself to take all three kids by myself. Maybe next year. Anyway, what I guess I am trying to say is that I am really glad this is where we were assigned. It has been really great. I am also thankful that we don't have to move this year. The past two years at this time we were preparing to move out of state. It has been so nice not having to worry about any of that yet.
Can you spot Cooper?
He is obsessed with playing I-Spy.
I spy a little boy who needs to use the potty. :)
Todd and I had a wonderful anniversary. We had some friends babysit for us and Todd took me to a romantic dinner in Virginia Beach. It was an old Steakhouse set on a marina. It was beautiful! Once it got dark everything was candlelit along with white lights. We had such a good time. Then when my parents came in to town, they stayed with the boys overnight so we could go the D.C. temple for the first time since we have moved here. We stayed overnight in Williamsburg and went to Busch Gardens the next morning before it got too crowded. It was a fun time even if I did call my mom every two seconds to check on the kids. I need practice leaving my kids overnight if we are going to take a trip to Europe in the fall. That is the idea so we will see how it all plays out.
That is all for now, I guess.



































2 comments:
Great pics! I love hearing about your boys and seeing how grown up they are getting. They are so handsome! And Happy Anniversary!
Your boys are growing so fast! I love their summer hair cuts and I love how you describe their personalities. And a trip to Europe...how fun!!
Post a Comment