Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Grandpa C. comes to VA for the first time!

 Grandpa Church had not had the chance to come see where we live yet so when I went out to UT for the funeral, G & G came to help out with the boys since Todd was on call that weekend.

 They boys were so excited to have them come visit!

 Todd took them too see base and Yorktown. (Yorktown stinks during the summer tho.  Too many people, not enough parking and a bunch of migrating jellyfish!  Can't wait for fall to come so we can hang out there again!)


 I took them on a quick drive-by of Williamsburg and Jamestown.  We haven't actually been to Jamestown yet with the boys although I have heard it is fun to take the kids on the ships.  I was trying to get them as close down to the water as possible when we found ourselves being waved in in a frantic manner.  Next thing we know we are on the free ferry!
The kids were so excited.


The water was ugly in this neck of the woods but the kids didn't mind.  Fisher has been dying to go on one ever since Cooper got to go on one with me in Seattle when I visited Robbie & Erin.  (*cough* Twilight tour* cough*cough*)



We decided to take a scenic drive rather than turn around and cross back on the ferry.  We took a quick ice cream break in a cute little town called Smithfield.  I have wanted to go there after moving here and hearing about it and have heard their hams are amazing.


I was once again reminded of how much history we have in this area.

 Later we took G &G to visit Daddy at work.  It is always fun to see him in action.  Sometimes I forget that he is a legitimate dentist!

Here is a leftover picture from when we went to Cinci.  I just love Tucker's face in it so much that I decided to throw it in with the mix. :)
Next up is our 16 day trip out west.

1 comment:

GordonandChrissy said...

Holy cow, Fisher is almost bigger than you!!! Your boys are cute as ever and wow - I forget he's a legitimate dentist now too! So cool.