Sadly enough, Todd and I had not taken Fisher to a park until the other day when I went walking with a friend. There happens to be a nice little park where we walk. Both of the boys wanted out of their strollers and so we decided to let them out to play. It was a little on the cool side so there was no one else there, which was wonderful.

Before we went to play at the park there was a
basset hound named Max who wanted to play with Fisher and Daniel. I took a picture for Todd since he has a soft spot in his heart for
basset hounds.

Fisher's first time in a swing. He never liked the baby swing so I guess we weren't in any hurry to try the big boy swing but now I feel bad because he absolutely loved it.

Loving every minute of the swing.

Fisher was fascinated by the mulch on the ground. The ground was wet because Louisville has been receiving a lot of rain. He would occasionally fall down and then stare at his hands trying to figure out what was on them. This picture was one of the first times his
hands were dirty from the ground.

As time progressed he realized he could get his hands even dirtier...

Sliding down the slide. We had to wipe the slides down since they were wet and the boys would get stuck but Fisher enjoyed it regardless of how wet it was.

We played a little on the toys but the soles of Fisher's shoes were kind of slippery so between that and the wetness he decided it was a little safer to crawl in some parts. I eventually decided just to keep him on the ground in the dirt where it was a little safer.

This killed me being that I am somewhat of a germ freak. I guess that boys will be boys.

The joys of having a little boy. I am sure little girls are fun as well but it was so fun seeing Fisher covered in dirt after a good time in the park.
2 comments:
So cute. We used to live right down the street from our neighborhood park. It was awesome. We had playgroup every Tuesday morning rain or shine. Emily decided that she liked to eat the sand. Drove me crazy. She would lay on the sand and eat it one speck at a time. It was so gross. When we moved back to Minden we built a huge sand box for the girls. Lily thought that it was also fun to eat the sand. She also liked to suck on rocks. It made letting her go outside really hard. Thank goodness we are out of those stages. So enjoy your trips to the park and bring plenty of wipes, towels, and germex. Good luck.
During warm weather Micaela and I go to the park about twice a week and she loves it. She gets so dirty (no cute shoes!) but it's a great way to get her energy out. I feel I must caution you to beware of older children whose parents don't watch them, many of them push the little ones aside...or maybe thats just the bratty kids in my neighborhood.
Post a Comment