Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Happy Anniversary to us!!

** WARNING!!! AN OBSCENE AMOUNT OF PICTURES ARE INCLUDED IN THIS POST!**
***
On May 2, 2002 Todd and myself were married for time and all eternity in the Salt Lake City Temple of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It was a wonderful day and one that we look back on with fond memories. We were lucky to not have any disasters of any sort and beautiful weather. For those of you who were married in SLC as well, you might be jealous to know that I had the bridal room all to myself...and we had the steps and temple grounds for pictures for about two hours before another couple showed up. Can I say a miracle?!?! The only bad thing we can remember is the headache that I suffered due to the ridiculously excessive amount of bobby pins in my hair that day...It was seriously close to 100...no joke. I haven't had to purchase one since that day.
*
We can't believe that five years have already passed by. Some people probably thought we wouldn't make it. Heck, WE had days where we thought we wouldn't make it! But here we are- still married and still happy with one great 16 month old who keeps us on our toes. We have come to the conclusion that we would do it all over again even though we are both bull headed, strong willed, stubborn suckers...I know that those all mean pretty much the same thing. It only strengthens my point in stating that we are stubborn, stubborn, stubborn! It didn't always make it easy but it kept things interesting :) What it all comes down to is the fact that there is no one we would rather spend our free time with than each other. We are best friends. Although we were married at a young age it has only allowed us to grow up with one another...okay, so maybe we aren't quite grown-up yet but it sure seems like we are doing a lot of grown up things such as having babies, buying houses and hello! Being married for FIVE YEARS! That seems pretty grown up to me.
*
Anyway to end a long session of rambling it comes down to the fact that I love Todd and can't wait for the next five years with him and since I am the one writing this I will state that Todd loves me too. I feel completely secure in writing that even though I didn't check to verify that is correct. Call it a woman's intuition. :)
*
So here come the pictures. There are a lot of them. As I started downloading them I kind of lost track and pretty soon I had way too many. The only problem is that I am not a blogging pro yet even though I have doing it for almost a year and for some reason when I try to delete one picture it deletes all of them! (Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.) So for now, you will have about the same amount of pictures of me and Todd as I did bobby pins in my hair on my wedding day :)
*
First picture after being married!







In front of the SLC Temple.


Have to throw one kissing picture in there. It was our wedding day!

Both of us looking a few pounds lighter than we do these days :)



Dancing in the Wild Horse Saloon in Nashville, TN


Self Explanatory. Read the sign. (Nashville)



Our trip to Washington D.C. for our 3rd anniversary. (Pregnant with Fisher!)





Nauvoo over Memorial weekend.

Robbie's mission homecoming. This was when Todd refused to shave his beard. It was a BIG RED beard. (Four months pregnant.)



Five days before Fisher was born!


It is hard for me to look at this picture of myself but it was definitely in the top two for best days of my life. That and marrying my sweetheart!


My 24th birthday. We had just returned from dinner and Fisher was hungry!



The family.



The family at Robbie's wedding in Washington.


The reception for Robbie & Erin.


Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday to Fisher!

14 comments:

Robbie+Erin said...

wow that is amazing f years i remember your wedding clear as day. we are almost to 7 months! i am very proud of you and your little family. have a great 5 year mark!

The Clayton Clan said...

Congratulations!! Too cute!

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary to you both. Enjoyed the look bac, time does fly! May each year get sweeter. Love you both.... Mom and Dad L

Deanna said...

You almost made me miss Miranda's bus this morning, looking at all your fun pics! You guys are too cute! Congrats!

Justin and Amy said...

Congratulations you two! It does NOT seem like it has been five years since you two were just dating and we were in Marshall #4:) Ah, I miss those days sometimes. I'm glad you posted so many pictures. They are so cute. Have a good anniversary!

Michele said...

I'm jealous that you have so many pictures of you and Todd. Caleb and I have tons of pics of when we were dating, but not a whole lot after we got married. Isn't your anniversary on the 5th?

Debbie said...

Congratulations! Meag and Todd. I loved looking at the pictures and reminiscing. It does not seem like it was 5 years ago though. You guys have come a long way. Hope you have a wonderful anniversary. You are a darling family :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE these blogs everyone is keeping now. It doesn't feel like we have not seen each other in over 5 years... How time flies. I'm glad things are going well for both of you. Fisher is growing up so cute! Congrats on the 5 year mark! Very cute pictures!
Much Love,
Jenni K.

Nate and Bre said...

Happy anniversary. Expect something in the mail!

GordonandChrissy said...

Happy Anniversary! Wow, five years! That sounds like so much longer than three for us. Way to go! And you have a cute little baby to top it off. :)

Max Fam said...

Happy Anniversary to you guys! It was so fun to see all the great wedding pics!

Emery Jo said...

happy anniversary!!! You guys are cute times infinity. And thank you for your sweet, precious comment... It's so very very cool to be able to keep track of you after all these years! heh. Love!!

Todd and Meagan said...

Michele- Nope we were married on May 2. I know your anniversary is approaching any day now...what is the date again?

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! How quickly 5 years go! Not too much change! Cute family! Congratulations!
Love you all! Mom and Dad Church