Friday, August 03, 2007

If only I was still this flexible...

Fisher never does things the easy way...I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. His new "phase" is playing with this particular toy upside down...literally.


But look Mom, I am sure having fun doing it unconventionally!

There was a time when I could do the splits. I still can barely hang on for dear life on my left side. Fisher, however, uses the position to make himself comfortable while playing. (And now you know our secret that we did not stain/paint the underside of the table.)

Here is a picture of Fisher folding his arms for prayer. He just recently started grasping the concept. He doesn't have the positioning down just quite yet but he gets the idea :) This week he has also learned how to jump. Let me tell you, there is a lot of prep work for a jump 2 inches off the ground.
***
On a side note...Todd and I are going to a Live/Counting Crows/Collective Soul concert tonight and we are so excited!! Thanks to our friends Heather & Jeremy for watching Fisher tonight :) (Even though I know you haven't been recruited to the dark side of blogging yet and probably won't see this.)

8 comments:

GordonandChrissy said...

Wow, he's flexible. Maybe he'll be a gymnist too? And don't worry about the table, we didn't paint the underside of ours either. It's WAY too much work for something that no one is going to see. :)

Anonymous said...

Fisher is too cute! It must be so much fun having a boy, I laughed when I saw these pictures!

I'm so jealous.. I LOVE Collective Soul, it makes me miss Washington.. good driving music! Have fun!

P.S. To comment on your comment about perircings and getting old.. you know your getting old when you talk to your little sister about Nirvana and Kurt Cobain and she says.."Who is that?" ARE YOU SERIOUS!!??

Nate and Bre said...

It was only yesterday that you could fold over in half. I never could. Let's hope my kids take after Nate and not after me...well, in the athletic/ flexibility department. Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Let me tell you.. I was dreading the water park.. I wore a tanktop the whole time and walked around with the innertube in a way that it covered my butt!!!.. yea.. I'm asking for a treadmill for my birthday! I didn't see anyone there I knew.. and Victor loves me regardless anyway right ;)

Deanna said...

Do you mean to tell em that at one point in your liffe you WERE this flexible?! Oh wait, you did gymnastics, right? Sheesh, I KNOW that was never anything I could do! Fisher looks so... uncomfortable! :o)

Deanna said...

(pardon all my typos...) :o)

Deanna said...

(Okay, just one more thing): Ron saw the pics of Fisher and said, "Wow, is he going to be a dentist?" I was like, what? He said, "That's how we had to sit to work on patients in the clinic!" :o)

Max Fam said...

Meagan - Fisher doesn't stand a chance with Amara....although that Mohawk in church yesterday was maybe the cutest boy hair I've ever seen.