My friend Leslie and I decided to meet in Cincinnati for a girls night out at a Stephenie Meyer Q&A & book signing for Eclipse. Todd's family watched Fisher while the two of us went out to eat and then went to the bookstore for the event. It was crazy!! There were literally hundreds of people there, mostly teenage girls, screaming over Edward and Jacob and everything about the books. It was pretty entertaining and we had a blast. We plan on going again next year so anyone who would like to come along mark your calendar!(If you haven't had a chance to read any of the Twighlight Series I would highly recommend them for a fun read! http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/)
Stephenie Meyer answering questions on the stairs...I was a little annoyed when the last question was wasted on a question not pertaining to the books : "Do you read Harry Potter?"
There were tons of very creative shirts. Next year Leslie and I plan to be a little more prepared...we will make our own clever shirts to make sure we get the whole experience :) I didn't get pictures of the best ones but here are a few for those of you who have read the books. In this picture the girl next to her had one that said "Jacob: Woof me down."
One of the great quotes from book three, Eclipse.
We couldn't believe how many guys were there. The girls definitely out numbered the boys but a little testosterone was present among the hoards of estrogen. There was one particular male there in about his forties whose wife made him come along. He was in shock at how many people were there and how loud all the girls were. My favorite quote from him was "I'm completely befuddled by this!"
There were so many people there that we were assigned a letter of the alphabet and we would stand in line and head up the stairs to have our books signed when our letter was called. Each letter was assigned 30 people...we were group N and the store was still packed after we left with tons more people who were still waiting for Stephenie's autograph.
Leslie having her book signed. Stephenie personalized Eclipse and signed Twighlight & New Moon.


6 comments:
I've heard so much about these books. The library doesn't have enough to go around. Some day I'll get to read them. It looks like it was a fun trip!
AND.. don't forget 'Blind Date'.
These books are all the rave out here too.. I've been wanting to start reading them as well.. better way to spend my day rather than.. take today for instance.. I was pretty bored so I filled up the sink with water and bleach and wiped down all the walls and base boards in my house!! SCARY!!
I'm so glad I got you to read those books as I can tell you are a huge fan! You'll have to fill me in on the Q&A portion of the evening! I would love to know any plans for future novels.
ok... count me in for next year. that would be so fun!
What are these books and am I too old to read? HEHE! I may have to get some when life slows down. Maybe in Jan. or Feb. LOL!
Oh Sierra and Shanna are both obsessed with the series...as well as all of their friends, and all of the young women in church, and everyone at their schools...I'll have to tell them to look at some of those shirts!
Post a Comment