Saturday, September 15, 2007

Huber Farms

We went to Huber Farms with our friends, the Woodens. Todd and I had never been before and the weather couldn't have been any more beautiful! Hooray for the end of the summer and the end of humidity!!


A tractor took us down to the apple orchard...at first Fisher didn't seem to know what to do.


But then he started pickin' them high....


and pickin' them low....


...and at the end of the day he had quite the load! (Of apples...not in his pants, although he did have that as well by the time we left. Must have been all the apples he ate :)


"Wait for me!"


On the short walk over to the pumpkin patch, Todd and I were swinging Fisher by his arms. This was his response when we stopped. We translated it to mean "More!"


Taking a break after all the apple picking.
For those of you who know Todd and myself, you probably realize that the gigantic box of tomatoes does not belong to us...unless they were being used to throw at people...then we might consider picking a few.


King of the pumpkin patch.



Fisher and Mom.


Fisher selected his pumpkins....


Todd picked them.
This is really sad, but this is the first time Todd and I have bought pumpkins in the five + years we have been married. We always said as soon as our kids were old enough to start enjoying the holidays that would kick us into gear.


Noah and Fisher hiding out.
Everyone (well mostly the kids and the dads) went crazy playing tag in the apple trees.


The family shortly before we left.


The fruit (and vegetables) of our labors.

15 comments:

Justin and Amy said...

I love the fall! Pumpkin patches are fun. It's just a fun time of year. I love all the adorable pictures of the family. And I love seeing pictures of you in the blog too! Good job meag:)

Anonymous said...

I love this time of year. Not really summer anymore, but not quite fall. Some of my favorite memories are picking fruit and then canning when we lived in Placerville. John would probably disagree on the canning part. Two times he ended up doing all the work because I'd get the fruit, then go into labor, have a baby and hey you don't want to waste.

Anyway you look liked you had lots of fun. Fisher is looking more and more like a toddler.
Karen

Jamie said...

oh, i'm so missing huber farm and especially the cider- it's the BEST!

Anonymous said...

Fun, fun. Fisher is looking so grown up, even since we last saw him. What a good little apple picker. We could use him around here. Glad you are finally getting into holiday spirit -- Want some decorations? Love Mom

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you posted more pics of you and Todd. You look great! I like seeing the fun things you guys do with Fischer, it gets me excited about Kennedi. Any ideas on what Fischer is going to be for Halloween? Are you guys taking him Trick or Treating? Promise me once Todd finishes school, or even before then, you don't hand out toothbrushes and floss for Halloween.. jk

GordonandChrissy said...

That looks so fun, nothing's better, in my opinion, than a fresh apple off the tree. Cute pictures! I love the one of Fisher saying, "More!" to swinging.

Anonymous said...

Michelle,

I won't be passing out anything related to positive dental hygiene during Halloween, especially when we settle on a place to practice. I'll probably give out suckers and bags of sugar in order to keep my potential patient pool full!

Todd

Ken, Alicia, Abby, and Ethan Lund said...

Oh, I miss fresh fruit from the farmer's market or farms. Looks like you had a blast!
Love pumpkin patches. Makes me think of Charlie Brown.

Melissa said...

Aww!! You took some awesome pictures! I might have to 'steal' a couple of yours - my memory card was so full that I had to be picky about which ones I kept as the day went on. I'm glad you guys went! And glad you had fun!

Greg and Sariah said...

Okay I seriously need to send some money your way. I mean that little reds shirt is awesome. Greg is such a huge fan. I mean, have you seen his bathroom? He would love some of those for Camden. I'll start saving!

Anonymous said...

I never noticed your 'Big Fat Baby' link, until today.. SOO cute. BUT, you have a boy Meagan.. jk.. My cousin's wife does the same thing in Spanish Fork. She gave me a few for Kennedi and I love them! They are way affordable. Sooo.. for future references www.proudly-announes.com

Anonymous said...

What a happy family! This is also my favorite time of year. Fisher is such a good helper pickin' and choosin' his apples and pumpkins! I love the pics, Meagan, just keep them comin!Love-Mom C

Adam and Andrea said...

Hey nice shirt you have there. Mine shrunk majorly in the length department. Did yours? Good taste we have. LOL!

Steuer Family News said...

Yay! Fall time! I know...it is my favorite time of year! Your photos are so great and Huber Farms looks like a ton of fun!

Deanna said...

That picture of Fisher with his arms stretched up high and the sunglasses on reminds me so much of "Calvin and Hobbes." Maybe it's his cool hair, too! :o)