Saturday, November 21, 2009

New Moon Party

My friend, Michelle, made these darling invitations. The other side of the tag said Jacob and she even thought out the use the two stars to represent New Moon being the second book in the series. Thanks for all of your help with everything!





Edward greeted everyone at the door. The Eclipse party will also have a Jacob present thanks to Martha!



My one big disappointment was that I ran out of time to make cute food cards. All of the items had a quote from the book. At 8:00 (when the party was starting) Todd was helping me cut & glue...we did not have time to cut straight or make anything look cute. I will be making them in advance next time.

There was cider to represent the wolves and strawberry daiquiris to represent the cold vampires. Thanks to Martha for making her drinks!

This one goes out to you Melanie! Mine weren't as cute as yours so you'll have to do them for the Eclipse party. :)

I was really excited about these. They were my first cupcakes ever- not much of a cake person. Even though they weren't perfect they added to the theme.

Thank you to everyone who helped with the food! There was a section for the Italian vampires, the Cullens and the wolves.

Before the games we ate food.

Had a New Moon quiz.

Played "Pin the tail on Jacob" although I forgot to get pictures so here is a picture with the biggest Jacob lover of the group. Hope you don't mind, April. :)

Later we did pictures with Edward. I will use one of myself so as not to embarrass anyone or make husbands jealous.

After the party most of us headed to theatre for the midnight preview of New Moon. Thanks to everyone who came and all those who helped with food and decor. It was a great night! For anyone interested in coming to the Eclipse party- let me know. It is an open invite and I was not sure of everyone who is a fan. For those who were at the Twilight party but moved...we missed you! (My partner in Twilight crime Melanie, Heidi, Rebecca, Jessica and Heather and anyone else who I might have missed.)

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

Okay, I'm completely jealous!!! I actually haven't really gotten into the release of New Moon, having not been around you or Melanie for this year's release. Anyway, completely jealous and it might have been worth the 8 hour drive just to hang out with everyone for this party. But thanks for sharing your wonderful hosting skills for this party and making me miss everyone in Louisville!

Max Fam said...

I agree with everything Becca said - and would like to add that the only thing missing was me. I'm moving back. Can I live with you guys?

Rasmussen Family said...

I'm green right now. I miss all you guys too much! No one is that cool here.

Stephens said...

Okay- that post makes me sad and happy at the same time! Seriously ladies... Eclipse party/Louisville reunion 2010- be there or be square! Everything looked great and fun!! Where's my invitation?

Jen said...

I loved this post. You guys are so creative! looks like you had a blast. I saw new moon on Thanksgiving and loved it!

Julie said...

I had so much fun! :) Thanks for inviting me! For Eclipse we should invite Laura Sheets. She says she's a fan. :) Thanks again for inviting me! I had a blast!