Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Valentine Packages!

The boys were so excited when not one (which would have been exciting) but TWO packages (can we say excitement overload??) showed up on our doorstep on the same day from both sets of grandmas & grandpas.

Fisher, of course, was in charge of tearing them open. Cooper was in charge of inspecting the tissue paper. (The markers were a total hit. Thanks G&G Lund!)

G Lund made pillow cases. Fisher was so excited when he pulled it out and exclaimed "A baby blanket!" He was just as happy when he realized it was a pillow case.

No explanation needed.

As I was saying...

I felt it was my duty to help Fisher sample all of the chocolates that came in G Church's package. It took a quite a few (okay...I might have enjoyed A LOT of them) before I felt confident they were safe. :)

Fisher opened Cooper's card and Cooper ate Fisher's.
Fisher was very confident he was going to be receiving a transformer for Valentines Day. I kept trying to explain to him that it is a girlie holiday with lots of hearts and candy...not Transformers. You can imagine his delight when he opened a package and found Skids waiting in plastic wrap for him :) Thanks G&G Church!

Cooper received a fun new cell phone so that maybe he will leave mine alone.

But mostly he enjoyed playing with the boxes.

And here are a couple of pictures of the boys doing their thing.

And a picture of my three favorite boys.
I realize I have not mentioned much of Todd lately. He has been really busy with school and trying to get in to study mode again. They have their hardest class in all of dental school this semester- Oral Pathology. He has also been enjoying his time in clinic working on his own patients.
It is hard not to think about how after this semester we are down to one more year. Already, we only have fifteen months left until graduation.
It is hard not to grow a little anxious but we are enjoying this time while we have it.
We had a nice laid back weekend.
I was telling Todd how I used to hate February 14 but now that I have him I love it. And not just because I love receiving flowers (I might have mentioned a time or two about how much I love flowers) but mostly just because I have him in my life.
And our two little crazy offspring. They're not so bad.
And only 15 more months of being in dental school.
(Like how I always group myself as "being in school" with Todd? I figure it is a team effort.)
We don't have much to complain about despite the fact I seem to always be able to come up with things to do so.
I am working on it.

3 comments:

Dallas and Kirsten said...

Such adorable boys! I'm glad you are all doing so well and are so happy! Where do you think you'll go after graduation?

Julie said...

I just love to read you blog. It's my fav! And good luck keep cooper off your cell. It never worked for my kiddos. :)

Julie said...

I just think that the picture of Cooper with Fisher opening the packages is priceless. :)