States Driven: New Mexico, Arizona
Point of Interest: Grand Canyon
Fisher helped Todd pump gas along the way. He also liked helping clean the windows to wash away all the dead bugs.
Whoo hoo! Made it to Arizona. Hard to believe we started out in Kentucky.
The drive looked like this a lot of the way that day. Flat and not very green like Kansas.
We decided to take a little detour onto Route 66 for an ice cream break.
It was a charming little town. One of those where you wonder what people do in their spare time out in the middle of no where. I guess Young's Corral is the place to hang out and with a sign like that who wouldn't want to?
This town also had an obsession with dinosaurs. I like to call this picture "Fisher's Heaven".
He had to take pictures with these random clay dinosaurs.
Stegosaurus is his favorite or so he says even though he constantly pretends to be T-Rex and velociraptors...you know, the mean ones.
Fisher thought this alien guy was so cool. It was hard to choose which was cooler- the dinos or the alien.
And we can't forget the Wigwam Motel. This was straight out of Cars, only not cones.
After 4 days of driving, 3 nights of staying up until almost midnight EST and waking up early, Fisher FINALLY took a short nap before we arrive to Grand Canyon. It was short, but a nap all the same.
Can't blame the kid for not wanting to sleep in the car, though, if this is how he winds up. That cannot be good for the neck!
These guys were taking way too long with their picture so we did a drive by."No Fisher. Trust us. You will know when you see it."
Waiting for Fisher to take a potty break before we go risk taking him near the edge of the Grand Canyon.
Fisher's time here was short lived. First he tried to get through by sneaking his legs through the bars.
Later he tried going out head first.
We had visions of him falling down into this.
So we snagged a quick family photo with Fisher doing one of his typical faces for photos these days.
And then we secured him so that he could not try to scale the fence. (We seriously did do it for that reason.)
When we took him up the South Rim Tower, Fisher tried to jump over the balcony all the way up at the top. (He is not shown in the picture.)
Finally we decided it would be safer to let him play in the dirt far, far away from the canyon. All in all, Fisher's Grand Canyon experience lasted about a whole 15 minutes.
We spent the rest of our time driving through the park and me & Todd would take turns getting out to look at the beautiful views.
Uh oh...here come all the scenic pictures.
This one is my favorite but I think it looks better enlarged.
A stranger took this picture for me documenting that I watched the sun set over the Grand Canyon. It was spectacular. (Watching, not the picture of me.)
Have you noticed I have a thing for the sun and clouds?
We had the boys parked right near us so we could see them and Todd and I watched the sun drop behind the cliffs with one other couple. It was so quiet and peaceful. Definitely something to remember. The last time we had been to the GC was for a camping trip on our 1 year anniversary 7 years ago.
That night, Fisher and Cooper took their first bath together and loved it. I feel sorry for all those people who slept in hotel rooms next to us. This bath was taken at about 10 PM and we still had a while before they actually were in bed and asleep.
Waiting for Fisher to take a potty break before we go risk taking him near the edge of the Grand Canyon.
Fisher's time here was short lived. First he tried to get through by sneaking his legs through the bars.
Later he tried going out head first.
We had visions of him falling down into this.
So we snagged a quick family photo with Fisher doing one of his typical faces for photos these days.
And then we secured him so that he could not try to scale the fence. (We seriously did do it for that reason.)
When we took him up the South Rim Tower, Fisher tried to jump over the balcony all the way up at the top. (He is not shown in the picture.)
Finally we decided it would be safer to let him play in the dirt far, far away from the canyon. All in all, Fisher's Grand Canyon experience lasted about a whole 15 minutes.
We spent the rest of our time driving through the park and me & Todd would take turns getting out to look at the beautiful views.I don't understand how Todd can get so close to the edge of a ginormous cliff, but he is scared to go up elevators with glass doors...it makes me laugh.
Then again, who am I to talk? I am afraid of sharks in swimming pools and fresh water lakes and rivers.
Uh oh...here come all the scenic pictures.
A stranger took this picture for me documenting that I watched the sun set over the Grand Canyon. It was spectacular. (Watching, not the picture of me.)
Have you noticed I have a thing for the sun and clouds?
We had the boys parked right near us so we could see them and Todd and I watched the sun drop behind the cliffs with one other couple. It was so quiet and peaceful. Definitely something to remember. The last time we had been to the GC was for a camping trip on our 1 year anniversary 7 years ago.
That night, Fisher and Cooper took their first bath together and loved it. I feel sorry for all those people who slept in hotel rooms next to us. This bath was taken at about 10 PM and we still had a while before they actually were in bed and asleep.We are almost to Vegas!





3 comments:
Megan your kids are so cute!!! Looks like you are having so much fun!!!
That hotel on Route 66 is awesome. Flo and Doc Hudson are even there. :) I love your blog. :) You are so good at catching the moments. I love it!
That hotel on Route 66 is awesome. Flo and Doc Hudson are even there. :) I love your blog. :) You are so good at catching the moments. I love it!
Post a Comment