Monday, November 01, 2010

Halloween Festivities 2010

Halloween was lacking in our house this year as I must have mislabeled the decorations last year when they were put away and Todd was unable to find them in our attic. Since I felt guilty about not really decorating despite Fisher's insistent begging I did take him and Cooper to the ward Trunk-or-Treat without Todd. Talk about brave in my book. :)

Fifteen minutes before it was time to go I was scrambling looking for costumes. Thankfully we had Fisher's old cow costume available for Cooper.
He was a cookie eating machine that night.

Fisher wore his old mask-less Spiderman costume and was able to convince he friend Garrett to lend his cool Wolverine hand piece.

Fisher had fun slashing balloons with his new weapon. When he wasn't busy destroying the decorations, he was running around full speed, red faced and barely missing innocent little toddlers and babies who happened to be in his path.

Just looking at this picture makes my heart sink. Cooper's face was a little too close for comfort in Fisher's attempt to kick Cooper's black balloon.

When Cooper wasn't eating cookies he was eating suckers.

Of course, as soon as we got home the boys raided their candy. Cooper is rather fond of Smarties. We normally try to get the boys in bed between 7-7:30 and that night they were up running, jumping and screaming until 10:30. Todd was studying up on campus so he missed out on all the fun.

The next Halloween event was Fisher's school Halloween party. Here he is with his teacher Ms. Brady.

Fishing pumpkins or something like that with Mr. Bob.

Dining on fine pre-school party food with our friends the Southwell's.

Cooper has entered the phase of refusing to let us feed him. He prefers using utensils as well. It makes for a very messy and very long meal. Fisher and I tried to dress Cooper up in the old Cookie Monster costume since the cow was still dirty but he wanted nothing to do with the big blue blob.

On Halloween Eve, after Fisher's soccer game, me and the boys decided to carve our pumpkins. Todd, once again, was up studying for Boards. I will be so happy when they are over and done with. Todd will be too but he says he won't feel relaxed until he knows he has passed.

Cooper was excited to play with the pumpkins. We had five: one for each member of the family. Cooper is holding the baby's in this picture.

He started growing impatient while I was setting up.

Fisher too.

Cooper has figured out how to climb on to the big chairs and the big table. (We have the little kids sized table/chairs that he has been doing for a while.) I have to be very careful in watching him now since he likes to tap dance on the table top.

Fisher digging in while Cooper observes.

Gross!

Our happy little family of pumpkins.

We don't do the fancy pumpkin carving thing. It was a little frustrating because Fisher wanted to be so involved this year and so it was a slow going process. It was fun but stressful. My favorite pumpkin is the second one from the left. Fisher drew that face on all by himself. The other's he drew on paper for me to then translate onto the pumpkin.

Fisher was mesmerized by the Jack-o-Lanterns.

Fisher decided to choose the ugliest costume possible. It was Gronkle from "How to Kill a Dragon."

What a face. I love the poofy hair sticking out the top.

View of the wings which were the perfect height for hitting other kids right in the eye and the tail which was stepped on constantly. What do you expect from a Walmart special?

We weren't going to go trick-or-treating since it was on Sunday this year but every time someone who knock on the door, both boys would take off running outside and down the street. I finally decided since Todd was MIA (studying back in our bedroom) and I was stuck inside with the boys all day it wasn't worth the fight. They had so much fun walking outside and the weather was perfect! We did our street and the street next to ours. Mandi & Jeff- it was weird going to your house and seeing a GIANT truck that had a lift on it taller than I am. Seriously. It was huge!!

Wait for me Fisher!
We went with our neighbor across the street who has a little guy a couple months younger than Cooper. Most of the night we sent Fisher to the door with all three pumpkins to collect candy.

Cooper's first time officially trick-or-treating.

The third candy raid of the week.

Cooper discovering Reese's. I envy him tasting it for the first time. The only thing to make it better is if it was cold from the freezer.
We hope everyone had a Happy Halloween!

2 comments:

Julie said...

So cute! I like the pumpkin Fisher drew too. :) We missed out on the pumpkin carving this year with all the craziness. I love your blog. :) It was nice being in Utah that it was completely acceptable to trick-or-treat on Saturday. I guess there are a few benefits. :)

Stephens said...

Ha I love Fisher's costume- funny kid! Did you know your blog thing doesn't update... I have actually updated my blog since last Christmas :)