Wednesday, March 27, 2013

We are still alive

So as I mentioned above- we are still alive and kicking even if it does seem like we have vanished off the face of the earth.  Also, NO, I am not pregnant nor will I be for anytime in the near future.  (Or years for that matter.)  We are just busy.  With what I am not quite sure because as I look around the house there are dishes and laundry to be done, books for book club to be read, plenty of toys to be picked up and well...you get the picture.  Right now we are just busy with life and whatever it is that that entails.  You know, noses to be wiped, diapers to be changed, kids to be fed and played with, grocery shopping to be completed with 2-3 kids at a time and a cute husband to try to squeeze in some time with every now and then.

I have tons of stuff to post about.  I finally put pics onto the computer from December-March so hopefully I will find some time to blog soon.  Fisher turned 7 in December, I turned 31 in January, Tucker turned 2 in March, my mom came out to visit and now Mom C. and Jedd are visiting.  We have had all kinds of fun lately.  We have also had the flu, colds and allergies up the whazoo this winter.  Nothing new.  Todd and I have our 11 year anniversary approaching in a little over a month which is just crazy to me.

 We have a lot of fun trips planned over the next little while and a lot of day trips in mind.
(Most of these pics are from a drive we took to see Virginia Beach when my mom was in town.  It was a fun time.  We plan on taking Jedd & Mom C. one of these days.)

We are  waiting for the weather to stop being so crazy.  Warm, cold, rain, sun, snow...all from day to day.  It has been bizarre.

Fisher has been busy with school.  He still loves to read, has started making books with his own little stories (I LOVE them.)  He loves Star Wars, doing his own hair in the morning, and is starting to get into the "I want to play with friends after school" phase that is freaking me out a little.  There are so many concerns associated with the simple question "Can I play at ___________'s house?"  It isn't so bad with our neighbors since I know the kids and parents but with stranger kids I don't know- it is stressful!
Fisher has been struggling with sleep lately which has made him a little more tired and emotional.  Those are always fun times.  When he is not tired and grumpy he helps so much around the house.  He is a great big brother and is trying really hard to teach Cooper how to read, do math etc.  I have tried telling him we should probably start with letters and numbers but if he is willing to try then have at it. :)  He is growing up so fast- mentally and physically. Fisher is so creative and comes up with the most amazing ideas.

 Cooper is a terror.  He is a cute one, but a terror all the same.  Some kids are more bark than bite but you have to watch out for Cooper because he is all bite and attack.  He has been kicked out of the gym a few times recently for spitting on kids and telling one of the 6 ft+ male supervisors that his mom (yeah...that would be me) is going to beat him up when I come to pick Cooper up.  He told his primary teacher that he hated her.  Butt is absolutely his favorite word, used in all kinds of contexts.  It is rather remarkable in all truthfulness. (Kidding.  Horrifying is more accurate.)   At the same time Cooper can be the sweetest, most cuddly guy ever.  He is my little Peanut.  He's my buddy during Tucker's nap time. He loves helping me in the kitchen.  Lately it has been making muffins and smoothies.  He is Mr. Independent all the way. He is stubborn and angry and mischievous and fun wrapped into one little boy.

Tucker.  He's my sweet baby and monster baby at the same time.  His moodiness reminds me of Fisher. He is all rough and tumble boy.  His brothers are terrified of him when he is in the mood to wrestle as they have had many diaper bums planted on their faces, hair pulled full throttle and toys bashed on their heads.  This kid is not too be messed with.
His two year check up had weighing 26 lbs and around the 25% in weight, 13% in height, and 75% in head.
He is so sweet with most people but don't let it fool you- he kid has some of the best tantrums I have ever seen.  Especially when it comes to the Ipad.  He is an Ipad monster.  His hair is out of control but we love it.  When he sprints around the house it bounces along with him like something out of a hair commercial.  Cooper & Fisher say that he looks like a girl which is about the biggest insult they can come up with.  He is talking in sentences with real english accompanied by a lot of jibberish.  He calls Fisher "Shisha," Cooper is "Poopa" and Tucker is "Gucka."  He does ANYTHING the boys do.  Seriously.  All he does is follow them around the house are mimic everything they say and do.  He does this thing where he says "BOOM!" really loud and punches you.  He also gets really mad at his brothers, assumes a sumo squat and calls them a "BUTT!" So not cool for a two year old but he does score points for originality in the delivery.  He sings Twinkle, Twinkle and I am a Child of God all the way through with me at night and insists on being rocked in the glider before nap & bedtime.  He has to have one of his blankets aka "Anket."
Well, I am tired now and this is all I can think of for the time being.  I am not going to bother proofing, so you have fun with that!  Hopefully I will have another post soon.

3 comments:

Robbie+Erin said...

Oh your posts make me laugh. I would love to see Tucker's sumo "BUTT!" delivery. So funny! And your hair looks beautiful! I LOVE the dark on you!
xo

Rebecca said...

I think Cooper's nickname from Tucker is the best "Poopa!" My boys would have lots of fun with that 'potty word'. Glad to know you're still around...so am I but somehow with 3 it's just that much harder to blog :)

Amy said...

Love this update and I can not believe how big your boys are getting! It sounds like yours are giving you a run for your money...so are mine. Owen's mellowed out but Cal has come full circle and been mr. terrible 2 lately! One day they will become sweet charming boys right? Miss you guys!