Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Some oldies of Fisher

Sometimes I have a tendency to show signs of ADD and OCD depending on the situation. In this case, it is OCD. I am a compulsive list maker and have a hard time throwing away a list if everything is not crossed off. The list can be tattered and weeks old and I will still keep it around. The same goes for my old blog entries. I set up all my intended blog pictures into a folder and I can't, for the life of me, let them disappear off into cyber neverland. They HAVE to make it onto here or else my "Blogs to catch up" folder will never be empty.

This is why I cannot move onto the new going-ons of the boys until I put up the ones from...this past spring. Yep. Weird, I know. So without further adieu, I have a blog list to cross off.

I don't even remember the significance of this photo it has been so long although I can say that Fisher still thinks a character band aid will solve anything.

He was in the dino phase full throttle (and still is). Here he and Todd were playing dinosaurs.

While it looks like he is pretending to be a vampire, Fisher is actually pretending to be a T-Rex eating my arm. Happy, I know.

For school this week, Fisher had to make a poster all about the things he loves. One of the things to make it on the list were birthday parties. He loves to plan birthday parties. This was just some random day in March or April where he desperately wanted to throw Todd a birthday party. He put a bunch of his toys in all the bags, put up some decorations...

And made Todd his favorite treat in the whole wide world- chocolate chip cookies.

He got sick and then passed it on to all of us. It was horrible and Cooper got so dehydrated he had to go to the hospital.

Fisher loves to make himself little beds and forts around the house.

And outside under chairs.

Bumblebee also likes to make forts. He is a frequent guest in our house.

I did try to cover myself when nursing Cooper but Fisher's curiosity would lead to lots of questions. One night I went in to put him to sleep and he was nursing Elmo so he could go to sleep. This will definitely be a blackmail photo later on in life.

I was mourning the loss of our green grass when I looked at this picture. Right now it is so dead and spiky that it feels like you are walking on a cactus. I get nervous when I think about selling our house. Hopefully it will be green again next spring.

During the spring Fisher was HYPER! but that should not come as a surprise to anyone since he is always HYPER!

One night I found him playing quietly (yes, quietly!) in his room. His animals were at school and he was the teacher. :)

They were learning about planets and the universe.

After he learned the story of the three little pigs he went through a phase of huffing, puffing and blowing anything and everything down.

When blowing did not work....

Chucking animals did.

He designed a temple out of his blocks.

This portion is all of his art work. He was pumping them out like crazy. Since there was not enough room on my fridge for all of them I decided to take pictures. This one is me and Todd taking a walk under a rainbow. (We do that frequently, btw. ;)

Our family going for a walk and me pushing Cooper in the stroller.

Fisher, me and Cooper. Cooper is on a blanket. That tells you how long ago these pictures were taken. Cooper has been walking since 10 months...blankets don't accompany us any longer.

Fisher predicting I would be having another child. (This was at a time when I was completely resistant to the idea.)

A rocket ship.

Since we live in Louisville and the Kentucky Derby happens to be a *cough cough* big deal and all...Fisher's preschool had a derby party and all the kids had to decorate their own derby hat. We went for a little boy theme.

You can tell how excited he was by it.

After I ran the half-marathon, Fisher wore my medal around everywhere.

At his little derby party they had a horse race where the kids raced around a track on horses on a stick and they all won a little medal of their own.

He stopped wearing mine and started wearing his everywhere.

I feel so overdue saying this but I was so grateful to Fisher's teacher, Mrs. Reaves, last year. I was a little nervous he might be a little too much for her but she, along with the other teachers, were all fantastic with him. It was a rough start (which we are having again this year) but there was a definite improvement from the beginning to the end of the year and I know she played a big part in that. We missed the last few days of school since we left on our five week trek for Todd's AHEC so Fisher said goodbye a few days early.
*
I just made a big scratch through my list...

1 comment:

Julie said...

Congrats on scratching a bunch off your list. I love Fisher. He is great. We are really going to miss him a lot. What a cutie.