The end has finally come to my trip to Washington. Blogging about our five week trip has almost become a joke to me. It will probably be Christmas before I finish but I am bound and determined to do so. I have more recent pics of the boys I plan on putting up when I get the chance- I just don't know when that will be.
Robbie & Erin took me and Coop on a tour around the city. They have a lot of cool architecture downtown. I took particular interest in this building.
It was the coolest library I have ever seen, not that any of you care or anything.
I thought Fisher would like to see his name on a sign. He did.
The ballparks. Qwest Field is where the Seahawks play?
The Mariners? I am too lazy to check my facts.
We went to Pike's Place to check out the market but all the vendors were closing up for the day.
Cooper has proof he was there.
Although it would have been fun to see everything it was nice not having the ridiculous crowds of people to maneuver through.
What I loved most were the flowers everywhere! Huge bouquets for $5-10 a piece. If I lived there I swear I would by myself some of these flowers every week.
We had some very impressive entertainment from a gentleman by the name of Emery Carl. He was a guitar playing & balancing, harmonica tooting, double hoola-hoopin', twirling fool. It was random and entertaining all wound up into one very skinny man.
You'll have to forgive me for forgetting the names of all these locations. It has been too long and so I am bound to get confused. We took a walk down a little alley to a theatre known for having a huge wall of gum. I could not resist putting my own piece on the wall. I felt very dirty afterword and doused myself in hand sanitizer.Here we are being tourists.
Then we went under one of the bridges onto Troll Avenue to see a fun little treasure.There is a giant troll (The Fremont Troll) holding a real VW bug in his hand. I was amazed at how many people were there to see this guy. It was another one of those quirky eclectic things that makes Seattle so great.
On a side note I actually read a book not too long ago that had this guy in it. I know you are so interested to know this tidbit of info.
I call this one "Creepy Birthday Party" for obvious reasons. This is in one of the artsy areas of town and these guys are decorated on a regular basis.




No comments:
Post a Comment