One of the couples who we are good friends with are expecting a baby girl. I decided it was time to attempt to throw my first baby shower. I was so proud of myself when I made 40 invitations and actually got them out in a timely manner. They were fairly simple since there were so many to make but I think they turned out all right considering it was my first attempt ever of
making them.....

The night before the shower I started to make a batch of Monkey Bread (yet another attempt for me to broaden my domestic skills.) It was too good to be true...somewhere between the night before and the morning of, there was mix-up and I arrived at the shower not 30 minutes early as planned but 40 minutes late....I think I will stick to just showing up instead of hosting.

I know some of you may be scared at how domestic I am becoming. Relax...it is still me. The other night I was craving tapioca and without reading the directions all the way through proceeded to pour the entire box of tapioca into the milk instead of the 3 tablespoons directed....I didn't notice anything funny until I read the instructions "mixture will thicken as stirred." Hmmmmm....my mixture was thick the second I poured the whole box in. From there it had no where to go except to turn into cement. My sweet husband humored me and ate some of it. Later I found he had dumped the rest in the garbage :)
8 comments:
Looks like good tapioca
Those invites are so cute! How did you do the bow on those?
Those invites are so cute! How did you do the bow on those?
oops...
You go in both holes through the top (like a rainbow- not a "U" if that makes sense) cross underneath and bring them back through the other side...That propbably does not make any sense at all!
Sorry- my husband was talking dirty...so I had to delete his post. :)
That does make sense, thanks! And thanks for saving us from Todd's dirty mouth, haha. Just kidding, Todd.
Post a Comment