Wednesday, March 28, 2007

What keeps our hope alive!

So the countdown has begun until we move into our new place...(Well it is not our place just yet...hopefully it will be if things go as planned.) Todd has gone to war with our management company and the battles rages on..For those of you who know Todd you can imagine how interesting the situation must be...The manager we are dealing with is the SIXTH manager since we moved here a year and a half ago... Apparently they realize what a crap hole this place is and decide to get out while they can...unfortunately for us we have a stupid thing called a lease which we can't get out of as easily as saying "we quit!" We had to fill out a little form giving them notice of when we are moving and there was a spot to put why we were leaving... Todd said not to say that we were buying a house...None of their business! So I came up with the only semi cordial thing I could think of writing without being so rude that they (as in the evil managment) will come up with more reasons of why not to give us any of our deposit back...this is what I wrote: "We are not happy living in this apartment." What an understatement...


I came home from work today like any other day and walked up the stairs like any other day and what do I see? Something that, unfortunately, is not quite as unusual as one would hope (***see below***)...I know you are probably thinking "Wait! I thought those neighbors were evicted!" Well, don't worry, those neighbors WERE evicted....however these neighbors are still here. These neighbors live next to the apartment where those neighbors used to live until they were evicted. Those neighbors (aka the "evictees") lived across from us which makes these neighbors (aka the giant TV smuggling up the stairs at 1 am, non-english speaking and constant spanish YELLING, loogie hawking in the hallway, loud & obnoxious neighbors) kiddie corner from us.

Yes, folks, it is a couch (or pieces of a couch) stacked up outside the door making it impossible to get in or out of the door...or at least very dangerous to do so. Who does this?!?!?

***Don't remember our hallway adventures? Check these out!***

*http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/2241/3079/1600/100_2208.jpg *http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/2241/3079/1600/100_1798.0.jpg *http://photos1.blogger.com/x/blogger/2241/3079/1600/858815/100_2627.jpg

So this is what we have to keep our hope alive. It isn't very big and it is a little longer of a drive than what we were originally thinking of but we absolutely love it! We can picture ourselves being very happy in our little starter home for the next four years while Todd goes to dental school at the University of Louisville. Did we mention that we decided to stay in Louisville instead of moving to Cleveland? In the end it was a lot easier to stay here. We are familiar with Louisville, we already had a house in mind which we are going to buy from our friends, and things just sort of fell into place.


It makes me happy looking at these pictures so I thought I would share. Sorry to those of you who we have already seen these. You can move on or you can humor me and look at them again.
This is the view from the front door.


This is from the kitchen looking towards the front door.


Our little kitchen...can't you just picture me cooking up a storm here? (TOTALLY kidding.)



Here is our soon to be deck where we will BBQ with the BBQ that we don't have!


Here is the back yard. Aren't the trees beautiful?? Fisher will have lots of room to run around which will be a nice change. As of right now we won't even let him walk in the hallway outside our apartment due to the excessive amounts of "loogie" that dwells in the carpet thanks to our lovely neighbors.

12 comments:

Ken, Alicia, Abby, and Ethan Lund said...

Do those trees have "ornaments" like the kind found in aforementioned apartment complex.

Adam and Andrea said...

That is so awesome that you get to be in a house and away from your lovely apartment. HEHE.
Nice house. Our first house, the one in Gardnerville was small. It was 1200 sqft and all ours. No pesky management or neighbors close by. It was so cool. We have so many memories from that house. Enjoy. I hope it all works out.

Michele said...

I never get tired of looking at house pictures so I think you should post more. Maybe what you're bedrooms look like and your neighborhood and bathrooms, maybe an interactive tour?? Well it is very exciting!

Debbie said...

Very cute house Meagan. it looks like the perfect little starter house. Love the wood floors. Ches and Shawn can't wait to get out of their apt. they have neighbors who smoke and the vent system is so cheap that it comes into Shawn and Chelsea's apt. Shawn wakes up coughing every morning. When do you guys move?

Robbie+Erin said...

Looks good meagan, I am proud of You...I was doing a calculation of homes that i could afford...I am currenlty able to get $55,000 that would buy me a cpapy house in a crappy neigborhood anywhere in the country..... Love You Lots....When do i get to make that deck bigger for you, maybe put in a hot tub....what do you say!

Steve and Katrina said...

Wow, did you just take the pictures of the backyard? It is amazing how much it has greened up in just two weeks. We are still waiting for our trees up here to turn green (any day now).

Steve

Justin and Amy said...

It kind of looks like those couches were staged as some kind of joke. That is just the funniest thing I have ever seen. I decided all this bad neighbor stuff is just helping you guys to love your house that much more:) I love the new house. It is so adorable!

GordonandChrissy said...

I love the house! It looks great, congrats! I hope everything goes well with it!

Anonymous said...

Okay, so this is crazy. My name is Jaesi and I occasionally browse through blogsites of people I know and once in awhile will click randomly on someones that I dont know just to see what their life is like. So that is what I did with yours.
I remember you! Way back over 10 years ago you were in my academy for girls group at BYU. Is that what they called it? Anyway, I was from St George and went with a girl named Katie and we shared a bathroom with you and your friend Michelle. Wow! thats nuts.
So I just thought I would say Hi.
I live in Norfolk Virginia now. married 6 years. 2 rugrats. I cant complain.
have a great day.
jaesi

Todd and Meagan said...

Jaesi-
I am not sure if you are even going to look back at this. What a small world! I totally remember you and your blonde hair :) Michele and I couldn't get over the fact that you would "messy up" your pony tails since she and I were still in the "sleaked" ponytail look. Too funny. Do you have a blog?

Anonymous said...

hi
that is crazy. Its funny what you remember of people. I dont have a blog. I probly should get one since I live so far from family but I am too lazy to keep it updated. All of my friends keep hassling me too so maybe one day...
So I see you are married and have a little guy. I love his name. I just might end up with a Fisher.
I have Leah who is 2 and Asher who is 1. My hubby is a nuclear engineer in the Navy so he deploys ALOT. We got to Utah as often as we can to be close to family But we roll with the punches. Do you have Church relatives from St. George? I have a great friend who is a Church.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for your move!! Mom