Saturday, September 04, 2010

Blogging? What is that?

I have not been in the mood to blog lately.
I still have pictures from our trip which we have now been back from for two months. I still plan on blogging about them if only to preserve them for my own memories.
We have also had a visit from G & G Church, our first trip to the Kentucky State Fair (we have only lived here for SEVEN summers now. It was about time.), Todd's 31st birthday, Fisher's first day of school, Cooper cutting teeth like crazy, running, moving into big boy car seats and oh yeah...there is still that matter of posting pictures of his FIRST birthday.
So much to blog about and no desire to do it so I am going to keep this post short and sweet. One picture of each of the boys and what they have been up to:
This picture about seals the deal for Cooper's favorite things right now.
His blankie, his touch & feel books and his shoes.
He is obsessed with this blanket and refuses to let me wash it. I literally have to stick it in my shirt to take it into the laundry room so that he does not freak out. He loves having books read to him. (Do you know how much it thrills my heart to see how much my boys love to read?!??) His favorites are three touch & feel animal books as shown in the picture. He will grab one and thrust it in our faces and grunt and then proceed to settle himself into our laps to let us know he wants his book read to him. So cute.
And the shoes...He is obsessed with wearing shoes. Especially one at a time. In this picture he is wearing his shoe over his pajamas. Funny kid.
Cooper's personality has sky rocketed to Fisher levels. He is wild and happy and so much fun. He is also a little monster baby who is constantly up to no good. We love him dearly.
And Fisher? Well, he is still just being his exciting little self.

He started pre school again this past Tuesday and is loving it. Soccer starts up on Tuesday which he is also excited for.
His behavior was a little rough there for a while but now that we are
getting back on a schedule and are being more social and active he seems to be doing better.
He is so excited about the baby and loves playing with Cooper although they have entered into the fighting with each other phase. He loves to draw and is consumed by dinosaurs. He loves to read books and especially looks forward to however many pages he has earned that day to have Daddy read to him at night from his dinosaur books before bedtime. We can see his brain constantly at work and just as frequently voices his questions and comments.
I am amazed he is approaching five years old. It blows me away. I tell him constantly he will always be special to me because he was the first baby I ever felt in my tummy and that will always be something we shared. As tiring as he can be at times he is a good kid who wants to please us and we love him to death.
Our lives are truly blessed.
They are even more blessed now that the darn temperatures are starting to drop to livable levels. I went outseide today and felt like I could breathe again! It was a beautiful day with fall in the air. It was probably a tease but I will take a day like that any time I can.

1 comment:

Jami said...

don't get too excited it's suppose to get back into teh 90's this week.