(I am not bothering to proof read so I apologize in advance for all the typos.)
This was Fisher's last day of Kindergarten. He successfully completed his first year of all-day school and while it started off a LOT little rough, we made it. And yes, I said WE because it was a team effort. When you talk to the teacher as much as I had to in the beginning, it is definitely a team effort. After that first month, though, Fisher really took off and figured out the do's and don'ts of how to behave at school. He loved every minute of school and we found out that he is a smart little guy. He was enrolled into an advanced program which time will tell if it was just a Kindergarten thing or not.
This particular day was a day where I was willing to wage war on his hair...
The day of his graduation, however, was a whole different matter.
We could spot Fisher from the top bleacher by his puff head. Everyone loves to rub Fisher's hair. It reminds us of a lucky rabbit's foot.
There was a time when Fisher was in pre-school where he never would have been trusted up on the top step in the very middle where no one would have access to him in case he acted up. It was so nice to see him sing and dance with no problems.
These were the top readers in the Kindergarten class. They went through the line as many times as it took to read a poem with all the letters from A-Z
Fisher is like his daddy and turns all red when he is put on the spot. :)
Waiting for his diploma. I so wish he wouldn't have looked like a little hobo (no offense to all the hobos out there.)
Not the best picture but I have to document the moment.
Big proud strides after receiving his certificate.
Fisher with Mrs. Richards who was the most amazing teacher. She was so dedicated and so hands on and I worry that it will be hard for his next teacher to live up to the standards that she set.
Afterwards we celebrated with cookies. A lot of them. My boys would not stay away from the table. So not only did it look like Fisher rolled out of bed before graduation, but I also failed to feed him enough food to meet his needs. :)
2 comments:
ha ha! Do many hobo's read your blog? Is that why you're apologizing? :0) I love reading your blog...your family is so cute!
I am sure even hobos have iphones these days and they may just choose to frequent this particular blog. ;)
Post a Comment