Monday, July 30, 2012

Cooper turned three!

(Still have a lot to catch up on but I feel like I am starting to put a dent into all the picture back-up.)

Cooper turned three years old back in June.  We are pretty low key around here when it comes to birthdays.  I wish I had my brother & SIL living closer (Oh wait!  They are going to be closer.  Instead of 20 hours, we will only be six.) so that I could hire them to throw birthday parties and make cute cakes...and make Halloween costumes...and more bow ties for my boys.  The more I think about it the more I realize I have all kinds of plans for you two. :)

 Cooper chose his cake all by himself.

 He also grabbed it off the top of the refrigerator and ruined the frosting on half of it.

 It was actually a pretty good cake and the boys loved the rainbow colors.



 All of my boys.

 Cooper started opening his gifts inside.  He received a Cars toy.

 Some golf clubs from G & G Church.

 Which he proceeded to practice inside the house in the direction of his little brother who thought it was really funny to have golf balls flying at him.

 We moved outside to open the rest.  He received a new bike with training wheels of which I forgot to take a picture. 
Fisher worked really hard for about a week on his card for Cooper.

 He made it all by himself.

 His present was a couple of  seashells from Hilton head last summer wrapped in this paper.

 He really wanted this coloring book.  Thank goodness it cost about two dollars because he hasn't touched it since.
 Singing cards are always a hit at our house.

 So later that night, Todd put Cooper to bed and must have not shut his door all the way.  I was upstairs working out and Todd was mowing the lawn.  I kept hearing noises but thought it was Cooper in his room banging around.  All of a sudden I hear Todd yelling up to me wondering if I realized that Cooper was not only awake but also downstairs raiding his birthday cake and root beer. 

 He ate all the frosting off his cake.

And then took the top layer off and served himself a giant piece.

 The rest was left on the floor after finishing the frosting.

 He then poured an almost full 2 liter of Root Beer into a water bottle and spilled majority of it on the counter and into the CLEAN load of dishes.  

A late night snack of frosting, cake and root beer?  I would say that it was the perfect ending to this little boy's birthday. :)  We love you Cooper!

2 comments:

GordonandChrissy said...

Oh my goodness. First of all, it looks like he had such a great birthday and Fisher's card was AWESOME! I can't believe he made that all by himself. Way to go, Fisher.

And, I also can't believe Cooper's little raid after bedtime. That is hilarious.

Rebecca said...

Oh my holy cow you have your hands full! Love that Cooper liked his cake enough to help himself. Sounds like my boys...just that they will eat all the frosting off first. I actually luckily haven't had one try to pour themselves anything yet or even get their own food that they aren't supposed to! Such a little stinker! Happy birthday, hopefully next year will be an easier one on you!