Thursday, September 13, 2012

Adventures with Mom & Grandma

I have a few more Reno posts to finish and am hoping to before we move.  Then I can start fresh with our move and VA posts.

We took a trip to Scheels but first we stopped at Forever 21.    Fisher had fun mimicking the mannequins.



The boys loved the fish.

We went on the Ferris Wheel as we do every time we visit G & G in Reno.  I recently read Devil in the White City where I learned that the ferris wheel was invented for Chicago World's Fair in 1893.  It was meant to surpass the Eifel Tower in awesomeness which was built for the 1889 World' fair.  I had no idea.  Now you have learned something for the day.

This was Cooper's first time and he loved it.

Fisher was a little nervous this year.  The height bothered him.

Cooper was so cute with his little feet and face poking over the top.


While I stalked up on my Nevada shirts (I have to represent my state) the boys went up the escalator with Grandma to look at the animals.

Hi Mom!

Excited to be riding the escalator.

Done shopping for the day.

Another day my mom and I took the boys up to Virginia City to go buy a giant sucker like the one cousin Abby had.  The boys liked it up there.  

I had the best caramel apple.

Yum, this sucker is good.

After a few more licks the sugar started to set in.

Todd informed me that he has never been to V.C.  I guess I don't think about it since I have been so many times and there really isn't that much to it but I will have to take him the next time we go to Reno.

No comments: