Friday, September 14, 2012

Kansas City: The 2nd half

After Lego Land and some lunch we hit up the mall's local dinosaur exhibit to kill time before we went to check in to our hotel.

The boys, once again, loved it.  I was in a really grumpy mood leading up to this trip...read some of the previous posts and you will get an idea as to why.  I realize now that I could have had a better attitude because the boys had such a fun time.

Digging for bones.

Playing with dinosaurs.

Cooper loved these giant eggs.

Smile for the picture!  Okay...none of you smile.  Except for Todd...kind of.

Tucker loves climbing onto everything.

Look who we found wandering around?!  Tucker wasn't a fan.  He kept pushing Crayola away if he got too close.

We had planned on eating at Fritz's for breakfast but they were closed.  The line at lunch was crazy long so we ditched that idea.  Later, still killing time, we decided to go have an ice cream treat so they boys could see the trains.

Fritz's Railroad Restaurant is this fun place to eat with kids.  There are tracks that run all through it so that the trains can deliver your food.  Unfortunately, we didn't order food- only ice cream drinks- so they didn't come out on the trains but it was really fun watching everyone else receive their deliveries.

Chugging along with a delivery.  They move pretty fast.

When the train passes the table, it drops the box which then is lowered to the table.

Tucker is probably the hardest to take out to eat right now.  This place held his attention like no other.  He had whiplash by the end with all the head turning to watch all of the trains going everywhere.

You call to put your order in.  Off to the right you can see a little train in the window.  It also would zip back and forth and was fun for the boys.

Cooper would take breaks from the table to come sit on this train.

The boys thought they were so cool with their conductor hats.  I have the Dinosaur Train theme song running through my head at the moment.

One thing the boys had so much fun doing over this trip was playing with the elevator buttons.  We were able to ride in a lot of them.

Our next stop was the Great Wolf Lodge.  It was a fun hotel and would have been even better if Tucker & Cooper were just a little bit older.

When you first walk in.

They are known for their indoor water parks.  It was pretty impressive.  Fisher and Todd could have stayed there all day long.  

One of the restaurants gives you wolf ears when you dine there.  The boys thought it was so funny.  Todd's looked like baby bunny ears.  

Tucker and I spent more time in the room with him exploring.  The room nice and had a lot of space for a hotel. The door to the balcony was blockaded during our stay since Cooper kept trying to go out there .  

All in all, it was a fun trip.  Fisher had the most wonderful time.  He loved every minute.  He was very appreciative and kept saying thank you for everything, which was nice for a change.  I can't wait for the other two to get a little older so we can spend less time chasing and holding and more time just enjoying the experience.

Well, back to packing.  The days are passing by quickly and it seems as if this move will finally be happening.  Yesterday I had my first little bout of melancholy about moving.  We have only been here a little over a year but it has been a great place to live.  We have met some great people and I am sad to be leaving.  On that same note, I am excited to start a new adventure and one that is a little more permanent.  I can actually put up curtains and hang things on the wall, unlike here, which just seemed like a waste to take it all down so soon thereafter.  I also can invest a little more time into friendships since there won't be that constant thought of  "I am only here for a year."  I met some wonderful people who I would have liked to get to know even better.  
Now, on to packing...

1 comment:

Amy said...

I am so jealous of your trip to KC! The Crown Center, Fritz's were some of our favorite spots to go when we lived there! The Crown Center was like right next to the dental school so we would meet Ryan there for a lunch a lot! They built Legoland after we left and we always wanted to go visit but never made it. Looks like a fun trip!