We're here. After driving half way across the country with three little boys and a big yellow Penske truck towing Todd's car and all of our belongings we can say that we made it through this move and safely to Virginia. Although we still have moments where we are sad to be missing out on the adventure of living in Japan, I have to say I am grateful to not have had to worry about an overseas move. The stress would have been insane.
So here is my little goodbye post to Bellevue, Nebraska.
So here is my little goodbye post to Bellevue, Nebraska.
Goodbye house.
This was our first military housing location. It was much better than we anticipated but the one we are in now is even better...with a few big exceptions.
This was our first military housing location. It was much better than we anticipated but the one we are in now is even better...with a few big exceptions.
Goodbye cul-de-sac. We had great neighbors and this was an awesome street for the kids to play on. The boys loved riding their bikes and scooters around the circle and the big grass area in the middle was a great place for playing. I will miss hanging around with some of the ladies on the street while they showed me the ropes of military life.
Goodbye back yard. This was my first fenced yard with the boys and it saved my life. It may have been an ugly view of the back of our neighbors' houses (so ugly after our Louisville backyard with the view of the woods) and the chain link fence may have been ugly, but many hours were spent out here.
This is one of the ways in which Offutt housing was better than where we are now. We don't have a yard anymore. It is so small.
Goodbye parks on every corner. We had four parks within a 2-5 minute walk from our house. There were a lot more further than that. That is one of the other ways in which we will miss our NE home compared to here. This was Fisher's favorite park that we dubbed the "climbing" park.
The view of Fisher's school off the main road through our subdivision. Bellevue wasn't always the most beautiful location but it sure had great people and Fisher's school was awesome.
A better picture. Fisher likes to look through old pictures and I wanted to document his school.
The LeMay sign. His new school colors are black and orange which couldn't make him happier. He started his first day of school today. I am actually really nervous for him- more than ever before. He grabbed on to me and wouldn't turn around to go to his room at first which is so unlike him. Todd started work today also so I guess I am nervous for both of my boys. It sure has been quiet at home without Cooper and Fisher fighting, though, so I have been enjoying the day. We even took a wrong turn and decided to go drive through historic Yorktown. It was beautiful. We didn't get out of the car since I plan on going with Todd soon, but it made for a pretty drive.
The kindergarten door where he was dropped off and picked up every day.
We had so much help with people watching the boys and helping us out in different ways the last week or two we were there. We will really miss everyone we met. Thank goodness for FB and blogs so we can stay in touch. Thank you to Bryan, Pat& Phil, Mandy, Whitney & Mike, Albanie, Katina, Becky, the YM and leaders and our neighbors for helping watch the kids, bring dinner, help us Todd move stuff etc. I am sure I am forgetting someone. We were so grateful.
The boys loved playing with the YM and the girls. :)
Saying goodby to Grandma Pat. (This is Grandma Church's identical twin sister.)
Kisses goodbye.
The last couple of nights in NE, we stayed in temporary housing (TLF-temporary lodging facility). We didn't know what to expect but they actually just turned a street of houses in our neighborhood into mini hotels. It was smaller than our house but a whole lot nicer than a hotel! The boys had their own rooms upstairs and Todd and I ended up on the pull out couch. Go figure.
The last few days were really stressful and Todd and I were grumpy and stressed out. Watching Cooper get dressed stressed me out even more. It always looks so painful!
A fish face from Fisher makes everything better.
Tucker loves his big brother.
The boys have really been troopers the last few weeks. They have had a lot of change and stress in their lives and all in all they have handled it very well. All the same, I am so relieved to be here and to start trying to get on a schedule. I don't know what schedule but we will figure something out. I looked at my October page on my calendar and saw that I have NOTHING written on it except for a friend's birthday. That's it. So I guess my schedule can be whatever I choose to make it. :) There is something refreshing about not having anything scheduled...but kind of sad, too, because that means I have no friends and nothing to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment