Thursday, August 16, 2012

Cherry Pickin' and Pretty Flowers

 Well, here is my first Reno post aside from the wedding one a month or so ago.  I decided to start with pictures of one of my favorite places- my mom & dad's back yard.  I have loved their yard since we moved in although it has definitely improved over the years.  Now is is a magical place for the kids to play and every time I am out there I feel like I am home.  There are a lot of my floral/scenic pictures so just thought I would let you know.
(This is my cute mom, btw.)

 The kids had a great time picking cherries while we were there.  Since most of the sweet cherries has already been picked by the others who arrived before us, Fisher & Cooper helped tend to the pie cherries.  They were tart but very pretty.


 Cooper picked them no matter what color they were.

 Fisher stuck to the red ones.

 Crawling through the cherry trees was beautiful. 
If I was still in my teens I would probably come sit down under this tree while crying over some stupid boy as I write crappy poetry.  I was known to do that- and in no where as near of an inspirational place as this.

 Lots and lots of pictures of cherries.

 Yep, another one.

 And other one.  

 And finally we're done with the cherries.  But aren't they pretty?

 They also have peaches, which is what happened to spur on this post today since my mom was canning these particular peaches as I spoke to her on the phone today.

 And apples.
(I love this picture.)
I am pretty sure they had pears too?

 I love when the grapes start growing.

 More grapes and strawberries.

 And here are more flowers.  I love purple flowers.

 So much that I have two almost identical pictures of them up.

 A beautiful little oasis.  If I was a bird I would totally hang out at the bird bath in the left corner.  Speaking of birds, we took a visit to the zoo the other day and went down to where the macaws are.  It made me miss Chula so much.  We are going to get another macaw one day but probably not until the kids are a little older.   

 I love orange and yellow flowers too.  Really, I just love flowers period. 

 I love this one too.  Pictures of my kids with flowers?  Can't go wrong.

 Yup, another purple flower although this one is a different kind.

 Love this picture too.  Guess that is why it is up here.

 My mom loves her rose bushes.  This is a pleasant place to hang out although the birds do like to attack the benches with their super squirting powers.  

 Raspberries?  I can't remember. 

 A moon flower.  They grow up the back alley to the yard near the cactus of which my dad is so fond.  They have a mystical sort of feel to them especially at dusk when they kind of glow.

And I can't talk about the yard without mentioning the pigeons.  Somehow I missed the Raptor Palace where my dad keeps his falcons.  They eat these pigeons.   Poor little birds.  Today Cooper was looking at a book of animals and saw a picture of a seagull.  He said "Bampa Wund has some of those."  They reminded him of the white homing pigeons that circle around the yard in the morning.  They really are beautiful flying together.

I might get around to posting some more Reno trip soon.

We are still looking for a place to live in Virginia.

Tucker climbed-or rather fell- out of his crib today.  He's 17 months.  I am not ready for this.

Fisher has survived the first three days of 1st grade.  He loves it and has done really well so far.  I am loving the lack of fighting throughout the day between Fisher and Cooper.

Cooper has started terrorizing Tucker to make up for Fisher being gone.

Todd is...well, Todd isn't doing a whole lot right now at work.  He is in an interesting situation since they don't have a whole lot for him to do.  He spends most of his time working on figuring out our situation for the move.  He has also been the best husband/dad lately.  I love him so much and am constantly grateful to be married to him.

I have had an awful cold which then turned into a sinus infection.  It has been miserable but today I went in to get some antibiotics so hopefully I will feel better soon.  I feel like I have had the flu with all the aches and pains. Then there's the sore throat and the fact that my head feels like it is going to explode from all the pressure.  So ready to feel better.
  I also have gained back a few lbs and have started having problems with my back again.  Nerves are not happy.  They aren't what they were a few years ago but it has been very uncomfortable.  Back to the weight loss game.  Stupid back.

That is all of my ramble for now.

No comments: